Raspberry Coconut Tart Popsicles
So you know how everyone (myself included) is talking about how summer is winding down? Because if you are like me, you are super pumped and jumping up and down for Fall. I mean, boots, scarves, soups, football, pretty leaves. It’s all just amazing and all I can think about.
And then mother nature slaps me back to reality. With the most awful humidity and temperatures that feel like they are in the 100s. It is soooo hot here. I’m crying inside. Well and outside too since I’m telling you about my hot weather woes.
Which actually seems appropriate since I have one last popsicle recipe to share with you. I’m squeezing it in before the weather finally gets all nice and crisp and cool. Whenever that may be. Soon? Maybe? Please!?
And on the topic of squeezing. I have a few extra posts for you this week because there are just too many things I want to share with you right now. So prepare. I’m sorry, but not sorry. You’re going to love them all.
But let’s refocus on these raspberry coconut tart popsicles for a second. The idea for this flavor came back when I was home in New Jersey earlier this summer. We went to my all-time favorite local italian ice place and I ordered this creamy dreamy flavor. Coconut with little bits of raspberry and graham cracker crumbly crust. As I inhaled the cup, I kept saying to my husband over and over how I needed to make this at home. He kept telling me to slow down so I wouldn’t choke.
Since I have a massive love of popsicles, it seemed only right to turn that italian ice flavor into this fun portable form. That way I can grab one from the freezer whenever I’m sweaty and mad at the heat. Which is fairly often.
And one last thing – if you don’t like coconut or the texture of coconut, don’t make these. Coconut lovers only please! Not that I don’t like you if you hate coconut, I just don’t want you to be disappointed.
So has cooler weather started to arrive where you live? On second thought, don’t tell me. I’ll just be mad jealous.
Yield: 6 to 7 popsicles, depending on molds
Raspberry Coconut Tart Popsicles
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:8 hours
Total Time:8 hours 20 minutes
Recipe for raspberry coconut tart popsicles. Creamy popsicles made with coconut milk and filled with raspberry preserves and graham cracker crumbs.
For the crumble:
- ½ cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely processed unsweetened coconut flakes*
- 1 ½ tablespoons melted coconut oil
For the popsicles:
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ cup raspberry preserves
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- To make the crumble – add the graham cracker crumbs and coconut flakes to a small bowl. Mix to combine. Pour in the coconut oil and mix until evenly moistened. Set aside.
- To make the popsicles – add the coconut milk, sugar and preserves to a small saucepan. Set the pan over medium heat and cook, stirring frequently, until the sugar has dissolved, the coconut milk is smooth and the preserves are distributed throughout (this should only take a minute or so). Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and coconut extracts.
- Add some of the graham cracker mixture to each popsicle mold, then pour in the coconut milk mixture to fill. Freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions.
*Add coconut flakes to a food processor and process until finely ground. Measure out the correct amount. You can also just buy finely shredded coconut!
Melt the coconut oil first then measure out the correct amount, otherwise you may use too much!
The 8 hours listed in the cook time is the time it takes for the popsicles to freeze using my molds.
The yield will depend on the size of your molds.
Cook Nourish Bliss