Chocolate Cherry Oat Smoothie + A Giveaway
I know. It’s January and I’m sharing a smoothie recipe. How cliché of me.
But. I’ve been making this since the fall and well, it was time to share. I’ve been rotating back and forth between this bad boy and my favorite green smoothie. This one wins when I’m in the mood for chocolate for breakfast.
And we all know that chocolate for breakfast is pretty much always a very good thing. Especially when it’s combined with good-for-you ingredients so you can chug that glass like nobody’s business. Okay, well maybe don’t chug it, but you get where I’m going with this.
And personally, I think that chocolate + cherries is a magical combination. Which probably stems from my teenage days when I would eat an entire container of Ben and Jerry’s cherry garcia ice cream in one sitting. And not even gain a pound. What I would give for that metabolism again, eh?
But since those days are behind me, I’ll happily settle for this smoothie instead.
We have sweet dark cherries. Rolled oats. Cocoa powder. Hemp seeds! Those are totally optional but I’ve gotten really into them lately and love adding some to pretty much all my smoothies.
We’ll add in a touch of honey and a splash of vanilla extract, all combining into one sweet and chocolatey smoothie that still packs a nutritious punch.
So go right on ahead and make it a smoothie kind of morning. Although, maybe bundle up with a blanket while drinking. Because baby it’s cold outside!
Pssst! Keep scrolling down past the recipe for the giveaway!
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1 cup milk of choice (I like unsweetened vanilla almond milk!)
- 1 heaping tablespoon unsweetened dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- splash of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon hulled hemp seeds or 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- Add the oats to a blender. Process until finely ground, about 15 seconds.
- Add in the cherries, milk, cocoa powder, honey, vanilla and hemp or chia seeds (if using). Process until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Adjust with additional honey if needed to achieve desired sweetness. Serve immediately.
You can also use regular unsweetened cocoa powder in place of the dutch process cocoa powder. I’ve used both, just personally prefer the dutch - makes it feel like a deeper chocolate flavor!
Cookie Monster Cooking
And now for the giveaway!
I’m super excited to be teaming up with some of my blogging friends to bring you this giveaway for a $200 Amazon giftcard. Oh the possibilities of things to buy!
Enter by using the rafflecopter form below. Good luck!!