Garden Veggie Hummus Dip
Allow me to introduce you to my new favorite summertime dip!
Actually, let’s just go ahead and call it like it is. This fantastic appetizer (or snack!) is really just another way for me to eat these summer garden veggie flatbreads in any form possible. Obsessed much?
Also, to all my family and friends – consider this post a warning. If you ask me to bring something to your house this summer? It will be this recipe. I call dibs. Like, right now! Kidding – but not really. Not at all.
But anyway. Let’s get down to business. This garden veggie hummus dip is goooood. If you haven’t already figured that out! And it is so healthy and vibrant and filled with all the goodness of summer! Fresh, fresh, fresh!!
Plus, it takes pretty much no time at all to pull together. All you have to do is chop up a bunch of veggies and herbs, before sprinkling them on top of your favorite hummus. Simple, no?
It’s also gluten free, dairy free, vegan, no sugar! Which means we allll can enjoy. Hummus dip for everyone!! Throw your hands in the air!
I may or may not be a tad bit peppy bright and early this monday morning. I’ll try to rein it in.
So, let’s talk a few tips & tricks! Or really just some thoughts!
- Feel free to switch up the veggies and herbs to whatever you like. The combo listed down below is our favorite … but pretty much anything can go here. The key is just to stick with veggies that are great raw – we don’t want to be bothered with cooking anything!
- You can also most certainly adjust the quantities of the toppings. Consider the recipe more like a guide, if you will.
- While I do think this dip tastes best freshly made (or just chilled for a few hours), it will keep for up to two days. I honestly couldn’t tell you if it will last longer, because, well, we eat it too fast.
- I think this goes without saying, but make sure you have plentyyyy of chips (whatever kind you like!) on hand for scooping!
Well hello there my pretty. I would so eat this for breakfast right now.
Yield: about 8 to 10 servings
Garden Veggie Hummus Dip
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:0 minutes
Total Time:15 minutes
Healthy and easy garden veggie hummus dip! Colorful, super fresh and filled with a variety of summer veggies and herbs! A hit for any party!
- 2 (8 ounce) containers plain or roasted red pepper hummus
- 2 to 3 medium radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup peeled and diced cucumber
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 small ear fresh corn, kernels cut off
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes (quartered if large)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- zest of 1 small lemon
- tortilla or pita chips, for serving
- Spread the hummus in an even layer in the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish.
- Sprinkle the top with the radishes, cucumber, green onion, corn kernels, tomatoes, basil, parsley, sunflower seeds and lemon zest. Serve with plenty of chips!
While best freshly made, the dip does keep fully assembled for about 24 to 48 hours stored in the refrigerator (I just cover loosely with plastic wrap).
My favorite prep ahead option though is to have all the veggies and herbs chopped so you can assemble in no time shortly before serving!