Homemade Iced Coffee
Super smooth and not at all bitter, this easy homemade iced coffee will rival anything you can get from a coffee shop! So save yourself the money and make it at home instead. Dairy free, gluten free and vegan.
I have a serious addiction to iced coffee, especially when it’s warm outside. Last summer, I spent way too much money buying one each morning before work.
I tried various methods for making my own but they never tasted quite like the iced coffee I would buy.
I can’t tell you how excited I was when I found this method and discovered that it tastes just like the iced coffees I bought all summer.
As silly as it may sound, I didn’t realize that you could make coffee with a cold brew method. So this was a HUGE revelation for me.
I’ve been making this iced coffee since March, when it just started to get warm out. I feel much better about not spending money every day and at this point I like my homemade version better (especially since I can use my favorite type of coffee).
Add in some milk and homemade vanilla syrup and I’m good to go. If you like iced coffee, try this out. You won’t be disappointed, and you’ll save yourself some money in the process.
Additional DIY Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Earl Grey Tea Latte
- Honey Cinnamon Iced Latte
- Dairy Free Hot Chocolate
- Chocolate Golden Milk
- Homemade Chocolate Syrup
- Homemade Vanilla Syrup
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
- 2 ½ to 3 cups ground dark roast coffee (adjust amount to your taste)
- 4 quarts cold water (16 cups)
- In a large container with a lid, combine the ground coffee and water. Mix well so that all the coffee is moist.
- Put on the lid and let the mixture sit at room temperature for at least 8 hours (I usually leave it overnight).
- Line a fine mesh strainer with cheesecloth and set over a pitcher (or other storage container). Pour the coffee/water mixture through the strainer into the storage container. Discard the grounds.
- Store the coffee base in the refrigerator.
- When ready to drink, fill a glass with ice. Pour in the chilled coffee base. Add in milk or cream and sweetener, if desired.
Adapted from Everyday Annie
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Nutrition data shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.