Homemade Vanilla Syrup
Make this super simple homemade vanilla syrup for your coffee or other delicious beverages! Full of vanilla flavor and made with just a handful of ingredients!
We are big coffee drinkers and have come to love those vanilla (or other) flavored coffee creamers.
However, even though we love them, I’ve always been a little uneasy over all the unpronounceable ingredients. Not to mention, with the amount that we go through, they are fairly expensive.
I decided to give this homemade vanilla syrup a try and I’m so glad that I did.
I know every single ingredient that is going into it and even better it tastes amazing. We use this in both hot and iced coffee, along with some milk.
I especially love this in iced coffee since it’s a liquid sweetener and it actually dissolves (so you’re not left with bits of sugar in your iced coffee… a huge pet peeve of mine).
I’m happy to report that we have completely stopped buying any store bought flavored coffee creamer. This stuff is just that good.
Additional DIY Recipes You Might Enjoy!
- Homemade Chocolate Syrup
- Homemade Strawberry Milk
- DIY Pumpkin Spice Coffee Syrup
- Earl Grey Tea Latte
- Honey Cinnamon Iced Latte
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, add the sugar and water. Split the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Add the seeds as well as the pod to the saucepan.
- Heat the mixture over medium high until the sugar has dissolved, stirring occasionally. Then turn down the heat to low and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the vanilla extract.
- Let the syrup cool completely. Remove the vanilla bean pod and then store in a container in the refrigerator.
Adapted from Everyday Annie
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 66Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 17gProtein: 0g