Grilled Pork Kebabs with Asian Marinade
These sweet and salty grilled pork kebabs are super flavorful and packed with colorful veggies! Including tender pork, pineapple and a delicious asian marinade, they’re a fun way to switch up dinner!
You know those weeks when you are just desperately wishing for the weekend to hurry up and arrive? I had one of those weeks recently.
Work was super busy and stressful. Other things were going on.
I had put these kabobs on our menu for Friday night and had already even done the first marinade. Yet I was this close to just scrapping the whole meal and ordering out. But my husband was excited to try them and eventually I caved in and decided to go ahead and make them anyway.
Thank goodness I did. First, the time I spent prepping these in the kitchen gave me time to decompress and relax after the week. Second, these turned out good. Really good.
They do take a little bit of advance planning, but the end result is worth it.
You get that sweet and salty combination from the pineapple and flavors in the marinated pork. And freshly grilled vegetables are always a welcome addition.
We served these with this coconut rice, which paired perfectly.
Additional Grilling Recipes You Might Enjoy!
- Pesto Turkey Burgers
- Mediterranean Burgers
- Turkey Burgers with Brie and Roasted Strawberries
- Crockpot Barbecue Ribs
- Grilled Balsamic Chicken
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
For the pork:
- 4 boneless pork chops (about 1 ¼ inches thick), cut into 1 ¼ inch cubes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
For the marinade:
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil or avocado oil
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (about 3-4 limes)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 gloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
For the fruit and vegetables:
- 1 pineapple, cut into 1-inch cubes (I only used about ¾ of the pineapple)
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into ¾ inch pieces (3 layer stacks)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the pork:
- Begin by preparing the first marinade for the pork. In a gallon-sized plastic bag, add the olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Add in the pork cubes then seal the bag. Use your fingers to gently mix everything around so that the pork is well coated with the marinade.
- Place the bag in the refrigerator for at least one hour (or up to 24 hours).
For the marinade:
- Next, prepare the second marinade. In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sugar, vegetable oil, lime juice, green onions, cilantro, garlic and ginger until well combined.
- Remove the pork cubes from the plastic bag and add to the bowl. Toss until the pork is evenly coated with the mixture.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour (or up to 8 hours).
For the fruit / veggies:
- In a large bowl, add the pineapple, peppers and red onion. Add in the olive oil, salt and pepper. Gently toss so that all the fruit/veggies are evenly coated with the oil and seasonings, being careful to keep the onion stacks intact.
- Light up a grill (charcoal or gas) over medium high heat.
- To assemble the kebabs, thread a pineapple chunk, onion stack, pork cube, yellow pepper and orange pepper onto a skewer (I would recommend using metal skewers). Repeat this order one or two more times to fill each skewer (leave an inch or two on each side of the skewer empty so you can turn them easier on the grill).
- Place the kebabs directly on the grill and cook uncovered. Turn the kebabs one-quarter turn every 2 to 3 minutes. Cook until slightly charred and the pork is cooked to your liking (about 10 to 12 minutes total).
Adapted from Seeded At The Table
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 374 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 69mg Sodium: 374mg Carbohydrates: 21g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 14g Protein: 26g