Kale, Mushroom and Red Onion Pizza
With crispy kale, roasted veggies and a touch of rosemary, this kale, mushroom and red onion pizza is a meatless monday staple! Simple to make and absolutely delicious!
Note: This recipe is NOT dairy free. It was published before Cook Nourish Bliss transitioned to dairy free recipes and remains popular with long time readers. You can try using substitutions to make it dairy free, however I have not tested this myself and can’t say how it will turn out.
Over the last few months, we have become huge fans of kale. Before that, I honestly didn’t even know what it looked like. Silly me.
Since I discovered how awesome it is, we’ve put it in more recipes than I can count. And I doubt that will stop anytime soon.
This kale mushroom pizza is one of our favorites and is in regular rotation at our house. The kale gets perfectly crispy on top and goes incredibly well with the roasted red onions and mushrooms. We especially love that there is really no “sauce,” other than some olive oil and balsamic vinegar – another perfect combination.
My husband was a little skeptical the first time I made this pizza – that whole no meat thing – but it’s now a recipe he regularly requests.
Additional Pizza Recipes You Might Enjoy!
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Pizza
- Fresh Corn and Zucchini Pizza
- Arugula Pesto Pizza
- Veggie and Pesto Flatbread Pizza
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
- 1 ball pizza dough
- 4 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- ½ of a large red onion, sliced
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup kale (torn into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 to 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- ¾ teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary (or about ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- On a large baking sheet, place the mushrooms and red onion. Drizzle with ½ tablespoon olive oil then toss gently to coat.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Stir once at 10 minutes so that the vegetables cook evenly. Remove from the oven and let cool while you prepare the rest of the pizza.
- Increase the oven temperature to 500ºF. Place a pizza stone on a lower rack in the oven and allow the stone to heat for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface and allow the dough to relax for about 10 minutes (but no longer than 30). Roll out and shape the dough and then transfer to a piece of parchment the size of your pizza stone that has been lightly dusted with cornmeal.
- In a small bowl, combine the kale and balsamic vinegar. Toss to combine.
- Brush the pizza dough with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Top the pizza with the mozzarella cheese, roasted mushrooms and red onion, the kale mixture and finally the rosemary.
- Place the parchment with your dough directly onto the pizza stone. Bake until the crust is golden, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 255 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 11mg Sodium: 391mg Carbohydrates: 34g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Protein: 8g