Sweet and sparkly, these delicious strawberry bellinis are perfect for brunch or entertaining! With plenty of fresh strawberry puree mixed with champagne or prosecco, they make for a fun and festive drink.
When I first decided I wanted to try out recipes for bellinis it was because of my mom. She loves them and they usually are her drink of choice when we are celebrating a special occasion.
After playing around with different flavors, I decided that this one was my favorite.
And it only seems appropriate to share it with you now, right in time for Valentine’s Day. Strawberries? Champagne? The perfect drink to enjoy with a special someone or with friends.
Now, let me say that this version is definitely on the sweeter side. But that’s the way my mom likes her bellinis.
Since my parents don’t live nearby, my husband and I had the hard job of testing these babies out. Rough life I tell you.
I think these have the perfect ratio of strawberry to champagne, but feel free to play around with the levels to make it right for you.
Additional Drink Recipes You Might Enjoy!
- How To Set Up A DIY Mimosa Bar
- Ginger Pomegranate Bourbon Cocktail
- Sparkling Winter Champagne Sangria
- Honey Cinnamon Apple Cider Sangria
- Peach and Raspberry Sangria
- Fresh Honey Margaritas
- Pomegranate Cranberry Sangria
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries
- 1 (750ml) bottle champagne (or prosecco)
- Begin by making a simple syrup to sweeten the drinks. Add the water and sugar to a small saucepan. Heat over medium high, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has completely dissolved. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.*
- Set aside two or three strawberries for garnish, if desired. Hull the rest of the berries and cut in half or quarters, depending on their size.
- Add the strawberries to the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Strain the puree through a fine mesh sieve to remove the seeds (using a wooden spoon to help it through).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the strawberry puree and desired amount of simple syrup (start with about ¼ cup of the simple syrup and then increase the amount depending on your taste - I used ½ cup to make these on the sweeter side).
- Add 3 tablespoons of the strawberry mixture to the bottom of a champagne glass. Slowly fill the rest of the glass with the champagne (topping them off as needed after the bubbles subside). Stir gently and then garnish with sliced strawberries if desired. You can also adjust the amount of puree depending on your taste and how strong you want the bellinis.
*If you have any simple syrup leftover after the recipe, you can store it in your fridge and use it to sweeten iced coffee, etc.
To keep these dairy free / vegan - be sure to use an appropriate brand of champagne.
Adapted from Cook Like A Champion
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 82 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 2mg Carbohydrates: 17g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 15g Protein: 0g