No Bake Apple Pie Cheesecakes
My last week or so has been completely crazy. And this craziness shows no sign of stopping anytime soon. Work is about to pick up, my parents are coming to visit, I’ve been spending time with new (and old) friends and we have a few other family events that will be here before I know it. It’s mostly very good (and fun) stuff and I am definitely not complaining, but time is flying by at warp speed.
So now seems like an appropriate time to share with you these no bake apple pie cheesecakes. There are a few components to these little treats, but each takes just a few minutes to whip up. Layer them in jars and you have a make-ahead dessert that can be ready to go when you need it.
Now, I am by no means saying that these are health food, but the greek yogurt and applesauce in the filling help make these feel not quite so heavy as regular cheesecake, and balance out the caramelized apples and graham cracker crust.
And you wind up with a delicious fall inspired treat that will have you sneaking to the refrigerator to grab a bite.
And if you make these in shooter-sized glasses, they are the perfect size for doing just that.
Yield: about 6 mini cheesecakes
No Bake Apple Pie Cheesecakes
Recipe for no bake apple pie cheesecakes. Layers of graham cracker crumbs, caramelized apples and creamy cheesecake filling. An easy, make ahead dessert.
For the apples:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 medium-large apples, peeled, cored and sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
For the crust:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
For the filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- dash of ground allspice
- dash of ground ginger
- dash of ground cardamon
- To make the apple portion – set a medium skillet over medium heat. Add in the butter. Once melted, add in the apple slices, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Turn off the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- To make the crust – combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter in a small bowl. Mix until combined. Divide the mixture evenly between the jars/glasses that you are using and press down slightly into the bottom of each.
- To make the filling – in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the cream cheese. Beat on medium speed for about 1 minute, until smooth. Add in the greek yogurt, applesauce, granulated sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger and cardamon. Beat on medium until well combined, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- To assemble – evenly spoon some of the apple mixture into each jar (on top of the graham cracker crumbs). Next, evenly spoon some of the filling into each jar. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving (or just keep refrigerated until ready to serve – these stayed great in my refrigerator for a few days). The cream cheese filling will set during this time.
- Right before serving, top with some fresh whipped cream and additional graham cracker crumbs, if desired.
*The yield for this recipe will depend on the size of jars that you use. I used smaller wine glass type jars and got 6 cheesecakes. For another batch, I used shooter glasses and got about 12 to 15 cheesecakes.
Cook Nourish Bliss