Grilled Balsamic Chicken with Peach Salsa and Chipotle Bread
Juicy and simple grilled balsamic chicken! Topped with a fresh peach avocado salsa and served with chipotle buttery bread. A perfect summer meal!
This meal. It makes me just want to cry out with happiness. Shout it from the rooftops.
Seriously, it’s one of our new absolute favorite summer dinners that has gone into heavy heavy rotation.
Easy, fast and proof that the husband and I make up one lean mean grilling machine … errr team? I prep, he grills and then we stuff our face with delicious food. Makes me happy.
Added bonus when summery boozy beverages are involved.
How To Make Grilled Balsamic Chicken
So, you’ll throw together a simple marinade with balsamic vinegar and other classic things. Then let the chicken sit and do its thing and marinate for a bit.
You’ll also quickly mix up a chipotle butter to slather on those thick crusty pieces of bread, which will later get grilled and charred to perfection. Perfection!
And finally, you’ll pull together a simple peach (yay for summer peaches!), mozzarella and avocado salsa. So simple yet so good that you’ll sneak bites with a spoon while waiting for everything else to grill.
Just try to restrain yourself or you’ll realize that you ate half the bowl before sitting down to eat.
Additional Grilling Recipes You Might Enjoy!
- Pesto Turkey Burgers
- Mediterranean Burgers
- Turkey Burgers with Brie and Roasted Strawberries
- Burgers with Peanut Sauce and Pineapple
- Grilled Pork Kebabs
- Crockpot Barbecue Ribs
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
For the chicken:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
For the bread:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- about 1 teaspoon minced chipotle in adobo sauce
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 4 thick slices (1-inch) your favorite crusty bread
For the salsa:
- 2 medium peaches, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1 cup mozzarella balls, patted dry and halved or quartered
- 2 to 4 tablespoons minced red onion (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon salt
To make the chicken:
- Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, basil, salt and pepper to a large ziplock plastic bag. Seal and mix it up to combine. Add in the chicken breasts, seal it back up and sort of massage it to coat.
- Refrigerate for 30 to 45 minutes.
To make the bread:
- In a small bowl, add the butter, chipotle, salt and pepper. Mix until combined. Spread a thin layer of the butter on both sides of the bread slices. Set aside.
To make the salsa:
- Add the peaches, avocado, mozzarella, red onion, olive oil, basil and salt to a medium bowl. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Light up a grill (charcoal or gas) over medium high heat. When the chicken is done marinating and the grill is heated, place the chicken breasts on the grill and cook until the internal temperature registers 165 degrees and it is browned on the outside.
- Remove from the grill and allow to rest for about 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is resting, add the bread slices to the grill. Cook until the bread is golden brown and charred slightly, about 1 ½ to 4 minutes, flipping once halfway through (it will depend on the bread you are using how quickly it chars).
- Spoon some of the salsa over the chicken (you can slice it first). Serve with the bread on the side.
Prep time does not include time for the chicken to marinate.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 552 Total Fat: 36g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 21g Cholesterol: 96mg Sodium: 781mg Carbohydrates: 30g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 10g Protein: 30g