Almond Butter and Jelly Waffles
Fluffy almond butter and jelly waffles with almond butter and strawberry preserves swirled right into the batter! Easy and freezer-friendly!
I am currently on an almond butter kick like no other. To the point where I haven’t even thought about regular peanut butter in weeks. Which is unheard of. Complete and utter blasphemy!
I’ve even managed to get my husband on board with this kick and we are blowing through jars. Kind of scarily fast.
I also blame this bender on the fact that I cracked and bought a jar of the Justin’s brand vanilla almond butter. And holy smokes. Now I get why everyone always talks about it.
The jars were sitting there on the store shelf taunting me and were on sale and I was hungry and my willpower went out the door. And now. Now I am addicted. Both me and the husband.
We have to pace ourselves though. It’s getting out of hand.
So clearly, clearly I needed to make some waffles with almond butter and strawberry preserves swirled right into the batter. Total no brainer.
Now the waffle base itself isn’t overly sweet – other than the preserves there’s only a little bit of honey to sweeten them up.
Because you want to be able to go to town with the toppings.
Promise me that you will make these and then smear a boatload of almond butter right on top and then add on some fresh berries. Oh goodness is it good.
Or you can melt the almond butter just a tad and then drizzle it on. I die of happiness.
Almond butter happiness.
Additional Waffle Recipes You Might Enjoy!
- Chocolate Whole Wheat Waffles
- Healthy Banana Walnut Waffles
- Orange Dark Chocolate Waffles
- Grapefruit Butternut Waffles
- Peanut Butter Banana Waffles
- Lemon Poppy Seed Waffles
- Overnight Cornmeal Waffles
- Eggnog Waffles
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
For the waffles:
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¾ cups milk (I use whole milk or 2%)
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil, cooled slightly*
- ⅓ cup creamy almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ⅓ cup strawberry preserves
- additional almond butter
- additional strawberry preserves
- fresh berries
- maple syrup
- confectioners’ sugar
- slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, coconut oil, almond butter, vanilla extract and honey. Pour into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated (the batter will be lumpy).
- Drop the strawberry preserves into the batter in small dollops and swirl into the batter (but don’t mix it all the way in).
- Preheat a waffle maker. When hot, pour the recommended amount of batter into the waffle maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Cook until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with whatever toppings you would like!
*Melt the coconut oil first then measure out the correct amount, otherwise you may use too much.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 41mg Sodium: 269mg Carbohydrates: 32g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 9g Protein: 7g