Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Cookies
Recipe for vanilla bean cream cheese cookies. Soft, thick and chewy cookies studded with flecks of vanilla bean. Like vanilla cheesecake in cookie form!
It’s time to get down to business. Christmas cookie business that is.
Which is very important business after all. Because it is definitely not the holidays without cookies. <— Fact!
And today we are talking thick and puffy vanilla bean cookies. Swoon. Swoon. Swoon.
Can you tell that I am a vanilla girl all the way? Which led to the creation of this sweet little cookie number right here.
You see, last year I made these chocolate cream cheese cookies. And people went bonkers for them! Bonkers!
But me? I like vanilla. Vanilla bean to be exact. So does the husband. We’re a vanilla family.
Wait, that sounds weird. We’re not boring people. Just prefer vanilla to chocolate (cue gasps!).
About These Cream Cheese Drop Cookies
So this year it was vanilla time. And let me tell you, you won’t even miss the chocolate in these cookies. This right here is simplicity at its finest.
They are so thick. So soft. Yet still chewy. And are studded with those drop dead gorgeous little flecks of vanilla bean. Which just makes my heart happy.
Little clouds of vanilla perfection.
Which kinda sorta taste like cheesecake. In cookie form. I promise, you’ll totally love them.
And look, even Santa took a bite!
Oh wait, that was me.
Additional Cookie Recipes You Might Enjoy!
- Caramel Latte Thumbprint Cookies
- Chai Shortbread Cookies
- Butter Horn Cookies
- Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Cookies
- Snowball Cookies
- Brown Sugar Pecan Shortbread
- Maple Pecan Biscotti
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds scraped
- ½ cup chopped white chocolate (or white chocolate chips)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the cream cheese and butter. Beat on medium speed for about 1 minute, until well combined. Add in both kinds of sugar. Beat on medium speed until light and well combined, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add in the egg, vanilla extract and vanilla bean seeds and beat until combined. Slowly add in the flour mixture, mixing on low speed until just combined. Remove the bowl from the mixer and gently fold in the chocolate. Transfer the bowl to the refrigerator and chill for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.*
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop about 1 ½ to 2 tablespoons of dough (I used my large cookie scoop). Drop on the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Use your fingers to flatten each cookie a little (they won’t really spread much while baking).
- Bake for about 14 to 16 minutes, until the cookies are set and just starting to lightly brown. Let the cookies cool directly on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If you are baking the cookies in batches, make sure you keep the dough in the refrigerator in between.
*No skipping chilling the dough!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 64 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 14mg Sodium: 35mg Carbohydrates: 7g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 7g Protein: 1g