Slow Cooker Gingerbread Hot Chocolate
Recipe for slow cooker gingerbread hot chocolate. Perfect for parties! Thick and creamy, with just the right amount of spice!
Alright alright alright! With Christmas just days away, I figure you have your baking schedule all set.
So we’re chatting about something just plain old fun today. Hot chocolate! Gingerbread hot chocolate!
Creamy, dreamy and full of just the right amount of spice.
You can drink it plain (which is delicious). Or I also recommend jazzing it up with some marshmallows, whipped cream, whatever you can think up. Sprinkles maybe? Yesss.
I would not mind one little bit sipping this hot cocoa on Christmas Eve while hanging out with family. Or Christmas morning while opening presents (after coffee of course).
And! Since it’s made in the crockpot, you can let it sit on warm and then just go grab a big mug whenever you feel like it.
Also perfect for parties, yes? Or for just drinking between two people over the course of a few hours – i.e. what happens when you test a recipe several times and it’s just you and the husband in the house.
You would think we would have gotten sick of it but really all it’s done is further fuel my gingerbread obsession. Gimme all the gingerbread!!
Now that’s definitely some holiday cheer right there. Especially if served in festive mugs and maybe with a few Christmas cookies on the side. Oh yeah.
Additional Drink Recipes You Might Enjoy!
- Chocolate Golden Milk
- Homemade Hot Chocolate Gift Packages
- Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate
- Dairy Free Hot Chocolate
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
- 6 cups milk (I use whole milk)
- 6 ounces semi-sweet good quality chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dutch process unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons unsulfured molasses
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- whipped cream and/or marshmallows, for serving
- Add the milk, chopped chocolate, cocoa powder, maple syrup, molasses, vanilla, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt to a crockpot. Whisk well.
- Turn on the crockpot to low and cover. Cook for about 1 ½ to 2 hours, whisking every 30 minutes or so. Toward the beginning and end of the cooking time, keep a closer eye on it, whisking a little more frequently to make sure it smoothes out and doesn’t burn.
- Serve with desired toppings, like whipped cream or marshmallows!
If you turn this to warm on your crockpot after the cooking time, the hot chocolate will thicken as it sits. Feel free to thin it back out as needed with more milk. When I keep it on warm in the crock, I’ll whisk it every so often to smooth it back out.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 375Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 202mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 2gSugar: 47gProtein: 9g
Nutrition data shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.