24 Healthy Recipes to Kick Off the New Year
A collection of healthy recipes to kick off the new year. Featuring breakfast, main dishes and dessert. Many are perfect for weeknights!
Happy 2015!! New year, fresh start! I love the feeling of the new year … there’s just something about it.
To be totally honest, I’m not really a big resolution person. I do sit down every January and make goals for the year, but I consider them goals not resolutions … if that makes sense?
Anywho, this is also that time of the year when I’m craving a sort of reset from all the holiday goodies. Cookies most specifically.
So today I have a collection of our favorite healthy recipes from the blog. The ones we make over and over.
For those of you looking for a holiday detox or some delicious, nutritious food to start the year off right, this is for you!
And I do promise, they all are tasty. Nothing boring, nothing bland.
Enjoy! I’ll be back next week with lots of new recipes! Get pumped, get pumped, get pumped!
Healthy Recipes For The New Year
Pretty smoothies + grab-and-go options!
- strawberry oatmeal chia smoothie
- healthy spiced banana bread oatmeal bars
- lemon coconut chia seed energy bites
- vanilla mango spinach smoothie
- apple cinnamon quinoa breakfast bowls
Nice and Filling Salads
Promise. These actually keep you full!
- mediterranean chickpea and lentil salad
- soba noodle and pine nut salad
- mexican couscous salad
- chicken, chickpea and mango salad
- sweet potato and black bean “chicken” salad
All the soup, all the time. Especially in the winter.
- hearty chipotle chicken soup
- crockpot chicken, wild rice and butternut squash soup
- chard and lentil vegetable soup
- crockpot vegetarian chili with farro
- roasted vegetable soup with couscous
Delicious Dinner Ideas
That aren’t soup or salad – i.e. awesome meals that don’t fit neatly into one category.
- fresh herb white bean and avocado sandwich
- citrusy quinoa cashew chicken and broccoli
- thai chicken bowls
- greek pita pockets with hummus
- quinoa and roasted vegetable burrito bowls
Treats To Satisfy that Sweet Tooth
Because I’d go crazy without dessert.
- healthier carrot cake cookies
- raw “cookie dough” parfaits
- healthier “brownie” snack bars
- healthier chocolate chip cookies
Cheers to a 2015 filled with loads and loads of good food!