Resources for Home Cooks
I thought it would be helpful and fun to put together a page with resources for home cooks. Below I have included a list of products and resources that I use on a regular basis (and love) in my kitchen. The items listed are those that I would recommend to others and have been really happy with.
You will also find some common kitchen conversions and some inspiration. If you have any questions, feel free to send me an email using the information on my contact page!
*Disclaimer – please note that some of the links listed below are affiliate links, meaning that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, I would receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for your support of Cook Nourish Bliss!
My Top 10 Kitchen Essentials:
Instead of listing everything on this page, I thought it would be fun to share with you a few of my very favorites (in no particular order because that would just be too hard!). It was difficult to narrow it down but here we go…
1. Cookie scoops in various sizes. What’s the key to even-sized cookies, muffins, cupcakes and the like? Cookie scoops that’s what! These help you portion out even amounts of batter every time.
2. All-Clad 3-Quart saute pan with lid. This is probably my most used pan in the kitchen. It’s a great size and can transition from the stove-top to oven. I’ve been slowly investing in all-clad pots and pans and have really come to love them. They do take a little getting used to (at least in my case!) but now they are definitely my preference.
3. Mini-prep food processor. I love and use my full-sized food processor constantly but this mini version is small and perfect for use on a daily basis. And takes up less space in the dishwasher.
4. 5-quart stand mixer. My baby. My love. And no I’m not kidding. I use this all the time for baking, bread-making, the list goes on and on.
5. Thermapen instant read thermometer. It’s pricey – but in my opinion worth every. single. penny. You really do get an instant temperature read, it’s not complicated and I’ve had mine for a really long time – it holds up incredibly well.
6. Microplane graters. I have a few of these and don’t know how I lived without them for so many years. They come in handy for everything from ginger to cheese to citrus zest.
7. A good set of mixing bowls. I have way too many mixing bowls but this is my favorite set. They are sturdy, hold up really well and frankly I just love them.
8. A good set of knives. I never knew what I was missing until I actually got a good set for my wedding and have not looked back since.
9. The Goldtouch baking line from Williams and Sonoma. By far my very very favorite baking sheets, pans, etc.
10. Le Creuset rectangular baking dish. Love love love this baker. It’s my go-to for enchiladas, baked pasta, you name it.
Common Measurement Conversions
This list stays by my side constantly in the kitchen. Because who wants to spend time doing math in their head? Not this girl, that’s for sure.
Food Blogging Inspiration
Besides being a cookbook hoarder, I also read a ton of amazing food blogs for inspiration. Below is a list of a few of my favorites (the full list is far far too long) that I think you would really enjoy!
A Couple Cooks
Bake at 350
Brown Eyed Baker
Cookie and Kate
Cooking for Keeps
Gimme Some Oven
How Sweet It is
Love and Olive Oil
My Baking Addiction
Oh My Veggies
Oh She Glows
Pinch of Yum
Pioneer Woman Cooks
Running to the Kitchen