Cookies and Cream Dip
It seems that I am on a bit of a cookies and cream kick. I’m sorry? Not really – you need this dip in your life. Especially for all those big Super Bowl parties coming up. I have been eyeing various recipes for cookie dough dips for quite some time, but never had a reason to make one. The Super Bowl gives me the perfect excuse. We actually enjoyed this while watching the Patriots play the Ravens two weekends ago. My husband is a very serious Patriots fan, and well, therefore so am I by way of marriage, so we won’t talk about how that game ended up.
Anyway, let’s get back to this dip. Just go make it now – you’re going to love it. It’s a cross between cookie dough and cheesecake, filled to the brim with oreos. Chocolate graham crackers or pretzels are the perfect vehicles for dipping, or if you’re feeling dangerous, you could just eat a bite with a spoon. Not that I know anything about that.
I had a few oreos leftover after making those cookies and cream rice krispie treats, so I figured that incorporating them into this dip would be a great way to use them up and not have them sitting around the house. What I failed to think of was that instead I would end up eating way more than my fair share of this dip. Let’s just say that my logic was clearly flawed : )
Yield: about 1 to 1 ½ cups
Cookies and Cream Dip
Recipe for cookies and cream dip. A cross between cookie dough and cheesecake and packed with lots of oreos, this dip is dangerously good.
- ⅓ cup (5 ⅓ tablespoons) unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 ¼ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 5 oreo sandwich cookies, chopped
- 1 ounce white chocolate, finely chopped
- graham crackers or pretzels, for serving
- Place the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. When melted, add in the brown sugar. Whisk until the sugar dissolves and the mixture just starts to bubble. Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla extract. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar. Cream on medium high speed for about 1 minute. With the mixer on low speed, slowly pour in the brown sugar butter mixture. Increase the speed to medium and beat until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Set aside a small amount of the chopped oreos for garnish. Fold the remaining chopped oreos and the white chocolate into the dip. Spoon into a serving bowl. Garnish with the reserved chopped oreos.*
If not planning to serve right away, store the dip in your refrigerator.
*Edited 2/12/13 to add: If you serve this dip right away after making, it will have the consistency of an actual dip (more syrupy). What you see in the pictures is dip that has been stored in the refrigerator for several hours. The dip becomes firmer when it is cold. You can let it come to room temperature or serve cold (it’s delicious either way). Whether or not you let the dip chill will depend on your desired texture.
Adapted from How Sweet Eats.