Cookies and Cream Dip
This cookies and cream dip is dangerously good! A cross between cookie dough and cheesecake, it’s packed with plenty of chopped Oreos and is excellent for entertaining or game day!
Note: This recipe is NOT dairy free. It was published before Cook Nourish Bliss transitioned to dairy free recipes and remains popular with long time readers. You can try using substitutions to make it dairy free, however I have not tested this myself and can’t say how it will turn out.
It seems that I am on a bit of a cookies and cream kick. I’m sorry? Not really – you need this dip in your life. Especially for all those big Super Bowl parties coming up.
I have been eyeing various recipes for cookie dough dips for quite some time, but never had a reason to make one.
The Super Bowl gives me the perfect excuse. We actually enjoyed this while watching the Patriots play the Ravens two weekends ago. My husband is a very serious Patriots fan, and well, therefore so am I by way of marriage, so we won’t talk about how that game ended up.
Anyway, let’s get back to this dip. Just go make it now – you’re going to love it.
It’s a cross between cookie dough and cheesecake, filled to the brim with oreos.
Chocolate graham crackers or pretzels are the perfect vehicles for dipping, or if you’re feeling dangerous, you could just eat a bite with a spoon. Not that I know anything about that.
Additional Dip Recipes You Might Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
- ⅓ cup (5 ⅓ tablespoons) unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 ¼ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 5 oreo sandwich cookies, chopped
- 1 ounce white chocolate, finely chopped
- graham crackers or pretzels, for serving
- Place the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. When melted, add in the brown sugar. Whisk until the sugar dissolves and the mixture just starts to bubble. Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla extract. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar. Cream on medium high speed for about 1 minute. With the mixer on low speed, slowly pour in the brown sugar butter mixture. Increase the speed to medium and beat until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Set aside a small amount of the chopped oreos for garnish. Fold the remaining chopped oreos and the white chocolate into the dip.
- Spoon into a serving bowl. Garnish with the reserved chopped oreos.*
If not planning to serve right away, store the dip in your refrigerator.
*Edited 2/12/13 to add: If you serve this dip right away after making, it will have the consistency of an actual dip (more syrupy). What you see in the pictures is dip that has been stored in the refrigerator for several hours. The dip becomes firmer when it is cold. You can let it come to room temperature or serve cold (it's delicious either way). Whether or not you let the dip chill will depend on your desired texture.
Adapted from How Sweet Eats
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 28mg Sodium: 102mg Carbohydrates: 31g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 25g Protein: 2g