Chocolate Avocado Coconut Mousse
This smooth and creamy chocolate avocado coconut mousse is a fantastic healthier treat! And it’s so darn chocolate-y, you won’t even taste the avocado. Garnished with berries and coconut for a final touch.
Stop right there – don’t go running away quite yet. At least hear me out – I promise you that I would not share a recipe that I didn’t enjoy.
I know that this sounds a little weird, but this mousse is smooth, creamy and full of chocolate. You really won’t even notice the avocado.
Cross my heart (okay, yes, if you’re really looking for it, you can taste it just a smidge, but if you don’t know it’s in there, you won’t have a clue).
I’ve seen various versions of chocolate avocado desserts floating around the web and they have always intrigued me.
We love avocado in our house and when they were on sale at the food store recently, I knew it was time to give one of these recipes a try. I wanted to switch it up a little bit though, so I decided to experiment.
I absolutely love chocolate and coconut, and that was one of the first combinations that came to mind when I started brainstorming ideas for Valentine’s Day desserts.
Between the coconut milk and the toasted coconut topping you get just a hint of that wonderful flavor that balances so well with the chocolate. The fresh raspberries give a little burst of freshness (and tartness) and let’s be honest, just make it pretty.
So push your fears to the side, be bold and give this mousse a try. It’s a simple, healthier dessert that is a wonderful option for Valentine’s Day or really any day of the week.
Additional Chocolate Recipes You Might Enjoy!
- Brownie Batter Hummus
- Chocolate Avocado Brownies
- Healthier Chocolate Fruit Dip
- Dark Chocolate Fruit & Nut Clusters
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
For the mousse:
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips*
- 4 very ripe avocados
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup light coconut milk
- ⅓ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- fresh raspberries
- Place the chocolate chips in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 50 percent power for 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until the chocolate is completely melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Split the avocados in half, remove the pit and then scoop out the flesh. Add the flesh, melted chocolate, cocoa powder, honey, maple syrup, vanilla, salt and coconut milk to the bowl of a food processor. Process until the mixture is smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Spoon the mousse into glasses or serving bowls and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Alternatively, you can spoon the mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a large tip and pipe into your serving bowls.
- Before serving, set a small skillet over medium heat. Place the coconut flakes in the skillet in an even layer. Cook, stirring frequently, until light brown and toasted. Top each bowl with some of the toasted coconut and fresh raspberries for garnish.
*To keep this dairy free - be sure to use dairy free chocolate chips.
Adapted from Giada
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 430Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 104mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 12gSugar: 29gProtein: 5g