Dairy Free Fruit Dip
Creamy and oh-so-dunkable, this dairy free fruit dip is a fantastic healthy treat! With a hint of cream cheese-esq flavor (without the actual cream cheese!), it pairs perfectly with fruit, pretzels or whatever you can think up. And will totally be on repeat all summer long. Gluten free, grain free, soy free and vegan.
Ready to get your snack on?
Then grab your blender and let’s make this dreamy dairy free fruit dip.
With a smooth-as-silk texture and the perfect strawberry cheesecake-esq flavor, it’s sure to be a hit with both kiddos and adults alike.
It’s delicious for snacktime. It’s fantastic for dessert. You can make it just for yourself. Or whip it up for parties.
And did I mention that it’s incredibly easy to make? Just pop a handful of ingredients in the blender and then chill in the fridge before enjoying.
It doesn’t get much better than that!
How To Make Dairy Free Fruit Dip
So, let’s chat about how this simple dip goes down:
Soak cashews. First up, we’ll soak some cashews overnight or use a 30 minute quick soak method.
Add everything to a blender. Next, we’ll drain and rinse the cashews, then add to a blender along with freeze-dried strawberries, maple syrup, almond milk and coconut oil.
Process until smooth. We’ll blend for about 1 ½ to 2 minutes, until completely smooth and creamy.
Chill in the fridge. Finally, we’ll pop the mixture in the fridge to chill for several hours, until thickened slightly.
And then, we dip!
Now, while I tend to go classic and serve this with fruit, you have plenty of different options. Here’s a few ideas to get you started:
- fruit of any kind (berries, sliced apple, grapes, pineapple, banana, etc.)
- graham crackers
- pita chips
- crispy cookies
- toasted bread (it’s particularly good spread on a bagel!)
Note: Please remember to check the ingredients on your dipping vessels to make sure they are dairy free.
Tips & Ticks
- If you forget to soak your cashews overnight, use the following quick soak method instead. Add the cashews to a heatproof bowl, then cover with boiling water. Let soak for 30 minutes to 1 hour, then proceed with the recipe.
- I HIGHLY recommend using a high speed blender as the cashews will blend up so smooth and creamy. You can certainly try using a regular one, just keep in mind the dip will take longer to smooth out and won’t have quite as perfect of a consistency (I’ve found cashew based sauces can be a bit grainy in texture with a regular blender).
- While I suggest using weight for the freeze-dried strawberries, the 1 ounce bag is about 1 ⅓ cups.
- Not feeling the strawberry flavor? I think freeze-dried raspberries would also be delicious (although the dip will be a bit more tart in flavor).
- And finally, while this may go without saying, PLEASE stick with freeze-dried berries and don’t try to use fresh or frozen strawberries. They will not behave at all in the same way.
How To Store
Fridge: The dip will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 5 days.
Additional Dairy Free Dip Recipes:
- Dairy Free Caramel Sauce
- Healthy Chocolate Fruit Dip (non-cashew based)
- Brownie Batter Hummus
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Dessert Hummus
- Pumpkin Pie Hummus
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight*
- 1 (1 ounce) bag freeze-dried strawberries
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (or non dairy milk of choice)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil (or dairy free butter)**
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Drain and rinse the cashews, then add to a high-speed blender along with all the other ingredients.
- Blend on high until completely smooth and creamy (stopping as needed to scrape down the sides), about 1 ½ to 2 minutes. Add in additional almond milk, a splash at a time, if needed to smooth out the mixture.
- Taste and adjust the maple syrup as needed (I usually add about 1 tablespoon). Additionally, you can also add some freshly squeezed lemon juice to give the dip more of a strawberry cheesecake flavor - start with about ½ to 1 teaspoon and add more to taste if desired.
- Transfer to a covered container and chill in the fridge for at least several hours - it will thicken slightly during this time and the flavors will meld.
- Give the dip a good stir then serve as desired!
*Add the cashews to a medium bowl and cover with water. Allow to soak at room temperature for at least 8 hours or overnight. If you forget, a quick soak method is included in the tips & tricks section in the post above.
**Melt the coconut oil first then measure out the correct amount.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 58mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 5g
Nutrition data shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.