Pumpkin Pie Hummus
You won’t be able to stop snacking on this dreamy homemade pumpkin pie hummus! Filled with all the flavors of the season, it’s the perfect way to enjoy the classic holiday pie but with only 10 minutes of work. An irresistible healthy dessert, it’s delicious served with pretzels, fruit or graham crackers for dipping. Gluten free, grain free and vegan.
Are you ready to enjoy some chickpeas for dessert?
I know, I know, it sounds a bit weird but I promise you that this pumpkin pie hummus does NOT taste like you’re eating a giant pile of plain chickpeas.
Instead, it tastes like you’re enjoying the delicious filling that is pumpkin pie. Yes, for real!
- You have hints of sweet brown sugar.
- Warm cinnamon and vanilla.
- That touch of spicy kick from molasses, ginger and cloves.
- And of course plenty of pumpkin puree and cashew butter for richness.
It’s seriously good. And the perfect healthier snack or dessert for the season.
Now, I know you can buy pumpkin pie hummus at the store. BUT. It’s super easy to make at home and quite a bit cheaper.
Not to mention it just tastes better. I tried a store-bought version last year and was not impressed.
It was like eating sugar with just a touch of cinnamon. You could barely tell there was any pumpkin involved.
How To Make Pumpkin Pie Hummus
So, let’s talk about how this easy dessert hummus goes down:
Add everything to a food processor. First up, we’ll add some chickpeas, pumpkin puree, sugar, cashew butter and warm spices to the bowl of a food processor.
Blend until smooth. We’ll process for about 1 to 2 minutes, until the hummus is smooth and creamy.
Stir in chocolate. Next, we’ll transfer the mixture to an airtight container and stir in some optional chocolate chips for a hint of crunch.
Chill in the fridge. Finally, we’ll pop our hummus in the fridge to chill for at least several hours to allow the flavors to meld.
Now, you have LOTS of options when it comes to dipping vessels for this hummus. Here’s a few ideas to get you started:
- graham crackers
- ginger snaps
- cinnamon pita chips or plain pita chips
- sliced apples
- plain crackers
You really can’t go wrong.
Tips & Tricks
- Please don’t skip the chill time for the hummus. And preferably, let it sit overnight in the fridge before enjoying. The flavors really meld during this time and the taste goes from good to great.
- If you don’t have cashew butter, you can absolutely use almond butter instead. However I wouldn’t suggest using peanut butter, as the flavor will be too strong and overpower everything else.
- And finally, the chocolate chips are totally optional but SO GOOD. I mean, chocolate + pumpkin is a match made in heaven.
How To Store
The hummus will keep for about 5 to 7 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Additional Hummus Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Brownie Batter Hummus
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Dessert Hummus
- Spinach Artichoke Hummus
- Sweet Potato Hummus
- Mango Chipotle Hummus
- Restaurant-Style Hummus
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup coconut sugar (or lightly packed brown sugar)
- ¼ cup cashew butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon unsulphured molasses
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ to ⅓ cup dairy free mini chocolate chips, optional
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor EXCEPT the chocolate chips. Process for about 1 to 2 minutes, stopping once halfway through to scrape down the bowl, until the hummus is nice and smooth.
- If you need to thin out the hummus, add in a splash of almond milk (or milk of choice) and process again - the hummus will thicken slightly as it chills in the fridge, so add a touch of milk if you think the consistency is already too thick (I don’t usually need to add any in this hummus thanks to the moisture from the pumpkin).
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight container, then stir in the chocolate chips if using. Chill in the refrigerator for at least several hours (but preferably overnight).
- Serve as desired!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 155Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 167mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 15gProtein: 4g
Nutrition data shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.