Dairy Free Avocado Dressing
Creamy, velvety and packed with herby ranch flavor, this dairy free avocado dressing comes together in just a few minutes! Perfect for topping salads, dipping veggies or dolloping over protein, it’s completely irresistible and super simple to make. Egg free, gluten free, nut free, soy free and vegan.
Then try this deliciously creamy dairy free avocado dressing!
Perfect for all your drizzling and dunking needs, it’s filled with herby ranch-like flavor that is downright hard to beat.
But the best part? It comes together in just a few minutes.
Which means you can be pouring it over your favorite greens or dipping away with fresh veggies in no time flat.
And that is ALWAYS a very good thing!
How To Make Dairy Free Avocado Dressing
So, let’s talk about how this simple dressing goes down:
Add all ingredients to a blender. First up, we’ll add avocado, olive oil, water and plenty of dried spices to a blender or food processor.
Process until smooth. We’ll blend the mixture until smooth and creamy, adding extra water as needed to thin it out.
You can enjoy right away or let chill in the fridge before using.
Tips & Tricks
- Feel free to play around with the quantities of all the spices – i.e. adjust to your own taste.
- Along those lines, you can absolutely use fresh herbs instead of the dried parsley, chive and dill. A good rule of thumb is to substitute 1 tablespoon of fresh herbs for every 1 teaspoon dried. But again, adjust to you.
- You can also swap fresh garlic for the dried garlic powder. I’d probably use 1 small to medium clove.
- And finally, I personally think the olive oil is a necessary ingredient for both flavor and body. You could certainly try the dressing without it (using additional water instead) but I have no idea how it will taste.
How To Use
Now, you have lots of options for putting this dreamy dressing to good use. Here’s a few ideas to get you started:
- toss with your favorite salad greens
- serve as a dip with veggies and / or crackers
- try as a sauce for tacos, fajitas or taco bowls
- drizzle over a cooked protein or veggie(s) of choice
- spread on a sandwich or pita
- use as a dip for fries
How To Store
Fridge: The dressing will keep for about 2 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Keep in mind that the top of the dressing will brown slightly as it sits (thanks to the avocado). You can either scoop the brown part off or just stir right back in before enjoying.
Additional Dairy Free Condiments You Might Enjoy:
- Dairy Free Pesto (3 Ways!)
- Dairy Free Sour Cream
- Dairy Free Alfredo Sauce
- Dairy Free Nacho Cheese
- Homemade Thai Peanut Sauce
- Homemade Enchilada Sauce
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
Dairy Free Avocado Dressing
Creamy, velvety and packed with herby ranch flavor, this dairy free avocado dressing comes together in just a few minutes! Perfect for topping salads, dipping veggies or dolloping over protein, it’s completely irresistible and super simple to make.
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup water, plus extra as needed
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried chives
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a small food processor or blender. Process until creamy and well combined, adding additional water as needed to get it moving or to thin it out.*
- Taste and season with additional salt as desired (I usually add another ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon to make the flavors pop).
*How much water you’ll want to add will depend on what you’re planning to use the dressing for - i.e. if you’re going to toss with greens make it thinner versus keep it thicker if you want to use it as a dip or spread. With that said, I typically add about 3 to 4 tablespoons of extra water to keep it semi-thick but not overly so.
It will also depend on the exact size of your avocado - mine were always right around 8 ½ to 9 ½ ounces. If your avocado is smaller, you might not need to add any extra water to achieve the same thickness.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
Nutrition data shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.