Creamy Mango Coconut Ice Pops
It’s summer. It’s crazy hot. It’s time to cool off with some refreshing mango coconut ice pops!
And by cool off, what I really mean is sit inside on the couch with an ice pop while trying to avoid going outside in the feels-like-you-are-walking-into-a-sauna humidity at all costs.
Or, might I suggest, enjoying one of these popsicles after you totally heated up the house using your oven to roast veggies and then later make pizza. Not exactly my smartest move, especially on a 90+ degree day.
But all is well! Because these little babies are guilt-free, super easy (just five, count em’ five, ingredients!) and will only take you about ten minutes to make.
The hardest part? Waiting while they harden up in the freezer. I tend to get a little impatient and start checking on them way too early. Because clearly that is going to help speed up the freezing process. <— Sound logic, yes??
But anyway. These pops are creamy and fresh and sort of mango lassi like, if you will. And they do wonders at putting a little pep in your step on a hot summer day.
So, let’s talk some tips & tricks for this recipe!
- It is super important to use ripe mango here!! It makes a HUGE difference in taste. Just trust me, okay? The mango flavor is so much more pronounced (in a very good way)! I’d even go so far as to say to aim for slightly over-ripe.
- The ice pops you see pictured? I used not-quite-ripe mango. The color will be much more vibrant if you use the ripe stuff!
- Depending on the sweetness of your mango, you’ll want to add more or less maple syrup. It will just depend.
- Along those lines, if you barely add any sweetener, you may need to add in a splash or so more almond milk to get the mixture to a pour-able consistency. Again, it will all depend on your mango.
Creamy, tropical, coconut-y! Perfect for pretending like you are on a relaxing vacation. Yes, yes, yes.
Yield: about 8 ice pops
Creamy Mango Coconut Ice Pops
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:0 minutes
Total Time:10 minutes
Simple and healthy creamy mango coconut ice pops! With just five ingredients, including fresh mango and coconut cream! Vegan & gluten free!
- 1 ½ cups chopped ripe fresh mango
- ½ cup coconut cream*
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 to 3 teaspoons pure maple syrup (or to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon coconut extract (optional but it does reinforce the flavor!)
Add the mango, coconut cream, almond milk, maple syrup and coconut extract to a blender. Process until smooth. If needed, add additional maple syrup to taste and / or add a splash of extra almond milk to get the mixture to a pour-able consistency. Pour the mixture into ice pop molds to fill.
Freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions.
*For the coconut cream – this is just the harder / solid white stuff in a can of full-fat coconut milk. I just scoop out what I need and save the rest of the can (the liquid) for smoothies! You can also buy cans of just straight up coconut cream at Trader Joes!
Yield will vary based on the size of your ice pop molds. You can visit this recipe for my watermelon and cream ice pops and head down to the notes section (lots of info there about what molds I have and love!).
Cook Nourish Bliss
Looking for more fun summer desserts? Be sure to check out the recipe I created for Oh My Veggies!
Grab it now! —> Vegan Strawberry Crumble