Roasted Red Potatoes
Crispy, creamy roasted red potatoes! This simple side is a perfect addition to any meal. With garlic, rosemary and thyme, they couldn’t be easier to whip up! Gluten free & vegan.
These roasted red potatoes were originally published in May 2012. The post has been updated as of October 6, 2017 with new photos, text and improved recipe instructions.
It’s roasted vegetable season!
Now, I’ll be the first to admit that I absolutely love potatoes cooked any and all ways. BUT. Roasted potatoes are just the best. The bee’s knees. The cat’s pajamas. <— Yup, I am all kinds of cool.
ANYWAY. These potatoes are one of the very first things that I learned to make in the kitchen and they have remained a total staple oh so many years later.
They’re crispy, creamy and filled with herb-y goodness.
They are also downright addictive, incredibly easy to pull together and classic enough to go with just about anything.
And when you get to scrape those super crispy bits from the warm baking sheet and shove them straight into your mouth??? Pure potato happiness.
Tips & Tricks For These Roasted Red Potatoes
- You could absolutely use any combo of herbs you would like here. Think of this recipe more as a base to customize to your heart’s content.
- Be sure to use a spatula to scrape / toss the potatoes while they are baking. They do stick a bit to the pan and the spatula works much better here than a wooden spoon.
- These taters are definitely best enjoyed freshly made. For that crisp factor! However, they absolutely still taste great as leftovers (it’s just that the crispness does disappear).
- One last suggestion. These potatoes + these sweet and spicy green beans? The BEST simple side dish combo.
Additional Easy Sides You Might Enjoy!
- Oven Baked Fries
- Dairy Free Mashed Potatoes
- Maple Mustard Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Honey Mustard Roasted Vegetables
- Honey Balsamic Roasted Vegetables
- Maple Roasted Vegetables
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
- 5 medium-large red potatoes (about 2 pounds), cut into ¾ inch chunks
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary (or 1 ½ teaspoons minced fresh rosemary)
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme (or 1 ½ teaspoons minced fresh thyme)
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Add the potatoes to a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil, then sprinkle with the garlic powder, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Toss until well combined and the potatoes are coated with the oil / seasonings. Spread evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 45 to 50 minutes, until the potatoes are golden brown and crisp - use a spatula to stir / scrape the potatoes every 15 minutes, so that they cook evenly. Serve immediately!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 292mg Carbohydrates: 45g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 3g Protein: 5g