Cranberry Bacon Grilled Cheese
This sweet and salty cranberry bacon grilled cheese is the perfect way to use up leftover cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving! Excellent for breakfast or dinner!
I’m in the thick of it. Thanksgiving prep that is.
This weekend it all started. I made two kinds of dinner rolls (which are stashed in the freezer for now), some of the spiced nuts for the appetizers and a batch of sugar cookies with royal icing.
This weekend also started the week of craziness as I’m going to call it.
Prep is in full swing. I’m trying to wrap up some things for my day job before a few days off. I’ve been cleaning our house like mad. My in-laws are arriving Tuesday. There’s more grocery shopping to be done. More dishes to be made.
But I’m ready. Bring it on.
About This Cranberry Bacon Grilled Cheese
So, since you’re likely all set for the big day, let’s turn our attention to Thanksgiving leftovers.
We are big fans of leftovers here … we make extra food on purpose just so we have plenty to enjoy after t-day. While decorating the house for Christmas (!!).
We seem to always have leftover cranberry sauce. Always. And while I do love swirling some into my yogurt for a snack, here’s another way to put it to use.
A delicious sweet and salty breakfast sandwich. Thick pieces of salty bacon, two different types of cheese and some of that tangy sauce all between two thick pieces of bread. It definitely hits the spot.
Maybe enjoy one of these before you head out for the crazy Black Friday sales. Which I will absolutely not be taking part in. I’d rather watch Christmas Vacation at home instead (seriously, so pumped for this).
Oh, and this grilled cheese is really good if you use two big ol’ slices of this pumpkin cinnamon swirl bread. Ohhh yeah.
Additional Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes You Might Enjoy!
- Leftover Turkey Tacos
- Leftover Cranberry Sauce Pumpkin Muffins
- Cranberry Pumpkin Breakfast Bake
- Leftover Turkey and Cranberry Enchiladas
- Thanksgiving Gobbler Sandwich
- Leftover Turkey Quesadillas
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
- 4 thick slices of your favorite bread
- about 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- about 2 tablespoons leftover cranberry sauce
- 2 to 4 slices thick cut bacon, cooked until crispy
- about ½ cup shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Lay out two pieces of the bread on a work surface. Smear half of the cream cheese on each slice. Top each with half of the cranberry sauce, half of the bacon slices (breaking them in half if needed to fit), and half of the cheddar. Top with the two remaining slices of bread.
- Set a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the butter. When melted, add the two assembled sandwiches to the pan. Cook, flipping once halfway through, until golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted.
Recipe time does NOT include time to cook the bacon.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 458 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 68mg Sodium: 726mg Carbohydrates: 39g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 10g Protein: 17g