Thanksgiving Gobbler Sandwich
Make the ultimate Thanksgiving gobbler sandwich with all your leftovers! A copycat version of the famous Wawa dish, it’s the perfect way to repurpose extras from your turkey day feast.
Today I bring you this delicious sandwich – i.e. the “Gobbler.” And you’re gonna want to go make this as soon as possible with all your leftovers.
Now, if you grew up in New Jersey (or some of the states nearby), then you are probably more than familiar with the wonder that is Wawa. Yes, I just said wonder. I’m obsessed.
For those of you that aren’t familiar with Wawa, it’s sort of a convenience store. They have some of the best coffee on the planet and I make multiple visits whenever I’m home in New Jersey. They also have a deli and each year they bring back the “gobbler” as a special holiday sandwich.
Which is basically turkey with gravy, stuffing and cranberry sauce on a fresh roll.
I think I ate two of them within a 48-hour period the last time we were visiting my family.
So this is my own version of the “gobbler.” I fancied it up a little bit with the addition of some arugula and gruyere cheese, but it still has those same wonderful basics that come on the one from Wawa.
Get creative and make it your own. There’s really no wrong way to go with your Thanksgiving leftovers combined into one glorious sandwich.
Additional Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes You Might Enjoy!
- Leftover Cranberry Sauce Pumpkin Muffins
- Leftover Turkey and Cranberry Enchiladas
- Cranberry Pumpkin Breakfast Bake
- Leftover Turkey Quesadillas
- Leftover Turkey Tacos
- Cranberry Bacon Grilled Cheese
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Take one slice of bread and top with the cheese. Layer on the cranberry sauce, turkey, stuffing and arugula (if desired, first dip the turkey slices in the gravy, shake off the excess and then add to the sandwich). Top with the other slice of bread, then place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the bread is lightly toasted. Alternatively, you can just toast the bread and then assemble the sandwich.
*To keep this dairy free - Use your favorite non dairy sliced cheese and be sure that all your components are also dairy free!
Inspired by the Wawa Gobbler sandwich
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 559 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 121mg Sodium: 621mg Carbohydrates: 59g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 26g Protein: 49g