Honey Cinnamon Iced Latte
This dreamy honey cinnamon iced latte will have you skipping your trip to the coffee shop! And with a honey cinnamon simple syrup that’s perfect for hot or cold coffee, it’s hard to resist. Gluten free and vegetarian with a dairy free option.
On a recent trip to the Asheville area, we stopped at a local coffee shop where I had an entire conversation with the barista about a drink on their menu called the “killer bee.”
And after much hemming and hawing about what I was in the mood for, I finally decide to go with said killer bee. Because it’s just fun to say.
Which is what I have recreated here for you.
Because it was sooooo good. The one at the coffee shop was a little too sweet for my taste but that’s the beauty of making it at home. Make it just the way you like.
And what makes the killer bee so awesome? Honey and cinnamon my friends. Honey and cinnamon.
How To Make A Honey Cinnamon Iced Latte
So, we start with some cold brew coffee concentrate.
And then we pour in some creamy milk-y goodness…
And then! We’ll sweeten it up with a honey cinnamon simple syrup that will blow. your. mind.
Before finishing it all off with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
I know it’s finally starting to cool down a bit outside, so if you aren’t in the mood for iced coffee go right on ahead and still make the simple syrup.
And then swirl it into regular hot coffee for a delectable treat.
Because it’s like fall in a mug. And I just cannot turn that down.
One last tidbit – if you don’t like coffee, go ahead and still make the simple syrup. And then swirl some into a glass of milk. It’s like chocolate milk but vanilla honey cinnamon action instead. And so darn good.
Additional Coffee Shop Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Chocolate Golden Milk
- Homemade Chocolate Syrup
- Earl Grey Tea Latte
- Homemade Vanilla Syrup
- Homemade Iced Coffee
- Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
For the simple syrup:
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup honey
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ice cubes
- cold brew coffee concentrate
- whole milk or half and half*
- sprinkle of ground cinnamon
To make the simple syrup:
- Add the water, honey and cinnamon sticks to a small saucepan. Set the pan over medium-high heat and cook, stirring frequently, until the honey has completely dissolved into the water. Let the mixture just come to a boil, then turn down the heat and let simmer gently for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Let the mixture cool completely then remove the cinnamon sticks (and discard).
- Store the syrup in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Add some ice cubes to a serving glass. Pour in the cold brew coffee. Add in the desired amount of milk and honey cinnamon simple syrup, then mix to combine. Sprinkle the top with a touch of cinnamon. Serve immediately.
*To keep this dairy free - use a non dairy milk of choice.
For my perfect ratio for this iced latte, I use ¾ cup cold brew concentrate, ¼ to ⅓ cup milk and 1 tablespoon of the simple syrup. But really this is all about your own preferences - do what works for you!
You can also use this simple syrup in hot coffee. Just as dreamy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 87Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 38mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g
Nutrition data shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice. The information listed is for my perfect ratio latte described in the notes section.