Mediterranean Chicken Sausage and Veggie Bake
This flavorful mediterranean chicken sausage and veggie bake makes for a fantastic easy weeknight dinner! Packed with fresh veggies, chicken sausage and feta, it couldn’t be easier to pull together. Gluten free with a dairy free option.
Well hello Monday. You totally snuck up on me you saucy little thing. My days have been completely thrown off lately, which seems to happen whenever I’ve been out of town and am not in my normal routine groove.
And after a week of staying in pajamas and/or yoga pants … and watching hours upon hours of soap operas and family feud every day with my mom and grandma, well, I’m all over the place.
I’m working on getting my act back together. Thankfully I made this dish a few weeks ago and didn’t really need to use my brain too much to get this ready to share with you.
And it happens to fit my mood perfectly since it is easyyyyy.
About This Mediterranean Sausage Bake
We’re talking chop, dump and bake. The only thing you need to remember to do is drizzle on a little sauce and sprinkle on the cheese toward the end of the baking time.
Even I can manage that right now. So I have full confidence that you can too.
So this dish. We have plenty of sliced veggies, like red onion, green pepper and zucchini. We have pre-cooked chicken sausage for lots of flavor. We have oregano. Red pepper. Feta. Mozzarella.
And please oh please make sure you serve this with some bread (I loveeee naan or pita bread here). Because you need to use it to soak up all those sauce-y juices. Essential. With a capital E.
Additional Easy Chicken Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Baked Rosemary Walnut Chicken Tenders
- Thai Chicken Pita Pizzas
- Quinoa Cashew Chicken and Broccoli
- Chopped Southwestern Salad
- Crockpot Pulled BBQ Chicken
- Coconut Chicken Tenders
- Pineapple Chicken Fried Rice
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
- 1 package (4 links) cooked chicken sausage, sliced*
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts (from a can)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¾ cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded regular or dairy free mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup crumbled feta**
- pita bread or naan, for serving***
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Add the sausage, onion, both peppers, zucchini and artichoke to a 9 by 13 inch baking dish. Drizzle with the olive oil and honey, then sprinkle with the salt, red pepper and oregano. Toss to combine and spread evenly in the dish.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through, until the veggies are crisp tender.
- Remove the dish from the oven and drizzle evenly with the tomato sauce. Sprinkle the top with the mozzarella and feta.
- Return to the oven for about 10 minutes, until the cheese is nice and melted and the veggies are all tender.
- Serve with the pita bread (or naan!).
*To keep this dairy free / gluten free - be sure to use an appropriate brand of chicken sausage (as some contain dairy / gluten).
**To keep this dairy free - omit the feta cheese and sub with either pitted sliced olives or sun-dried tomatoes to taste. Both will add that same salty punch.
***To keep this dish gluten free - use your favorite gluten free bread for serving instead of the naan or pita bread.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 371Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 1009mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 5gSugar: 14gProtein: 22g
Nutrition data shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.