Spicy Broccoli Carrot Noodle Stir-Fry
This simple broccoli carrot noodle stir-fry is quick, easy and so much better for you than takeout! With a flavorful spicy soy sauce and plenty of fresh veggies, it makes for the BEST simple dinner. Dairy free and vegan.
Oodles and oodles of slurpy noodles!
Just how fun is it to say oodles of noodles? Apparently I amuse myself quite easily. Especially when we are talking about fun foodie things.
Like this spicy broccoli carrot noodle stir-fry! Which is full of oodles of noodles. I’m stopping now, I promise.
ANYWHO, this is one of those dishes that is super simple but still interesting, you know?
And you most certainly do not need much to pull this dish together. Just your average basic kitchen tools. Nothin’ fancy.
So. We have the noodles. Yes. We have crisp tender carrots and broccoli. We have crunchy cashews. And we have a spicy, ever-so-slightly sweet sort of jazzed up soy sauce “sauce.”
Totally slurp-able. Totally on the table in about 35 minutes.
Tips & Tricks For This Broccoli Carrot Stir-Fry
- You can play with the sriracha amount depending on how spicy you like your food. As written the spiciness is definitely there but I wouldn’t say it’s over the top. Feel free to tone down (or up!) based on your preference.
- For the broccoli, about one medium-sized broccoli crown will give you the two cups. For the carrots, about three to four small to medium-ish carrots will give you the two cups. But it will vary slightly just based on the produce you buy!
- I think this dish could also be an excellent base if you wanted to add some other form of protein. Crispy tofu, chicken, whatever floats your boat. Make it your own.
And now, we slurp!
Additional Asian Pastas You Might Enjoy:
- Spicy Soba Noodle Vegetable Stir-Fry
- Rainbow Vegetable Curry Noodle Bowls
- Spring Vegetable Lo Mein
- Rainbow Vegetable Lo Mein
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
For the sauce:
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
For the stir-fry:
- 10 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cups bite-sized broccoli florets
- 2 cups peeled and sliced carrot
- 1 cup raw cashews, roughly chopped
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- sesame seeds, for garnish
For the sauce:
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
For the stir-fry:
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package directions until just al dente. Drain.
- After the pasta has been cooking for a few minutes, set a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add in the olive oil. When hot, add in the onion, broccoli and the carrots and cook for about 6 to 8 minutes, or until the veggies are tender but still a touch crisp.
- Add in the drained pasta and the sauce. Continue to cook, tossing frequently, for about 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Add in the cashews and toss to combine. Serve the pasta topped with the cilantro and sesame seeds.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 452Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1118mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 9gSugar: 12gProtein: 15g
Nutrition data shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.