Blueberry Breakfast Crisp
This easy blueberry breakfast crisp is a healthier spin on the classic dessert! Filled with juicy fresh berries and a granola-like topping, it’s delicious served with yogurt or whipped coconut cream. Dairy free and vegan.
Let me go ahead and introduce you to the deliciousness that is this blueberry breakfast crisp.
We start with juicy fresh blueberries spiked with plenty of dreamy vanilla extract.
We have a golden, crisp topping that is packed with rolled oats, whole wheat flour and an assortment of all our favorite granola-y add-ins. Pecans, almonds, shredded coconut, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon!
We tie it together with a little coconut sugar and olive oil, and badda bing badda boom, your crisp is served! Well, after baking of course.
Now, I’m saying that this is a breakfast crisp to really drive the point home that this is not a cloyingly sweet little number. Lightly sweet? Absolutely.
But not an in-your-face super sweet dessert kinda thing. And the topping just feels so granola-like.
Serve this crisp with yogurt and you have yourself a breakfast recipe. But serve it with a more dessert-like topping? You now have yourself a dessert recipe. It’s a double win.
Tips & Tricks For This Healthy Blueberry Crisp
- Let’s talk a little further about how to top this crisp. First up. The breakfast option. I personally tend to go with plain dairy free yogurt for serving, but I think a vanilla would also be fantastic.
- Next up, the dessert option. My favorite dessert-y way to serve is topped with coconut whipped cream. But, let’s be real, a vanilla ice cream of your choosing would also be soooo good.
- To keep this recipe dairy free / vegan, be sure to use appropriate choices for topping.
- If you don’t have coconut sugar on hand, you can use lightly packed light brown sugar instead.
- And finally! As written, the blueberry filling does thicken up while baking (from a little bit of flour). So, if you like the fruit part of your crisps runny, either cut back on or leave out the flour from the filling. Entirely up to you.
Additional Fruit Dessert Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Gluten Free Dairy Free Apple Crisp
- Vegan Blueberry Cobbler
- Vegan Apple Cobbler
- Dairy Free Apple Pie
- Apple Pie Bars
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
For the topping:
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup chopped raw pecans
- ¼ cup chopped raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon pepita seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
For the filling:
- 2 pints fresh blueberries
- juice of half a medium lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- yogurt of choice, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Mist a 2-quart baking dish with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
For the topping:
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, flour, pecans, almonds, shredded coconut, sesame seeds, pepita seeds, cinnamon, salt and coconut sugar.
- Add in the olive oil and mix until combined and evenly moistened. Set aside.
For the filling:
- In another medium bowl, mix together the blueberries, lemon juice, vanilla, salt and flour. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and spread evenly.
- Use your fingers to sprinkle the topping evenly over the blueberries.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, until the topping is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling.
- Let stand for at least 10 minutes. Serve topped with yogurt or whatever you like!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 137mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 6gSugar: 23gProtein: 5g
Nutrition data shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.