Dairy Free Corn Fritters
With lightly crisp edges and the perfect amount of crunch, these dreamy dairy free corn fritters are a must-make for summer! Easy to pull together with just a few simple ingredients, they’re fantastic for breakfast, as an appetizer or side dish. Soy free and freezer friendly.
Do you love sweet summer corn?
Then you absolutely need to try these incredible dairy free corn fritters!
Filled with the perfect amount of crunch thanks to plenty of fresh corn kernels, they’re jam-packed with flavor and are pretty darn hard to resist.
Now, these are not superrrrr crispy like deep-fried fritters. BUT they do have delightful lightly crisp edges and are definitely a bit healthier.
And when served up with some creamy dairy free sour cream (or maybe an avocado sauce) for dipping?
It’s summertime happiness.
How To Make Dairy Free Corn Fritters
So, let’s talk about how this easy dish goes down.
Combine dry ingredients. First up, we’ll whisk together some flour, cornstarch, baking powder and spices, before tossing with plenty of fresh corn kernels and sliced green onion.
Add wet ingredients. Next, we’ll stir in some unsweetened almond milk plus an egg until a batter forms.
Cook in a skillet. We’ll scoop the batter into a heated skillet, flatten with a spatula and cook for about 3 minutes per side until golden brown.
The fritters are best enjoyed right away for that crisp around the edges perfect texture!
How To Serve
Need some ideas for how to serve these fritters? I got you covered.
- Appetizer: Pair with some dairy free sour cream (or another sauce of choice) for dipping.
- Breakfast: Top with fried eggs (even better if they’re a bit runny!) and sautéed greens.
- Side Dish: Serve alongside any summer dinner with dairy free sour cream (or another sauce) for dipping. Personally, I think they pair wonderfully with a grilled protein of choice + a big ol’ salad.
Tips & Tricks
- While I definitely suggest using fresh summer corn kernels for best flavor / texture, you can substitute canned or frozen corn. If using canned corn, drain well then pat dry thoroughly. If using frozen corn, thaw then pat dry thoroughly.
- While I haven’t tested it myself, I think these fritters would do just fine with a 1-for-1 gluten free flour blend in place of the all-purpose flour.
- Along those lines, when measuring out your flour (either regular or gluten free), fluff it in the container then scoop into your measuring cup with a spoon and level off. Don’t dunk the cup straight into the bag as you’ll likely use too much.
- If you can’t do almond milk, you can substitute another dairy free milk of choice.
- Be sure to flatten your fritters after you drop the batter into the skillet – this helps them cook all the way through and allows the edges to crisp up.
- And finally, the cook time for the recipe is based on three fritters in the skillet at a time – it may vary depending on the size of your skillet.
How To Store
Fridge: The fritters will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Freezer: You can also store them in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
I like to reheat in the toaster (just be gentle when removing so they don’t break!) or a skillet to re-crisp the edges. If frozen, thaw the fritters in the fridge first.
Additional Dairy Free Corn Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Dairy Free Corn Chowder
- Sweet Potato Corn Chowder
- Zucchini Fritters with Tomato Corn Salsa
- Zucchini and Corn Orzo Salad
- Blueberry Corn Salsa
- Zucchini and Corn Tacos
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
For the fritters:
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 ½ cups fresh corn kernels
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- avocado oil (or another neutral oil), for cooking
- dairy free sour cream
- extra thinly sliced green onion
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Add in the corn kernels and green onion and toss to combine.
- Next, add in the egg and milk and mix until combined.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat and let heat for about 5 minutes. Add in enough oil so that a thin layer coats the entire bottom of the pan. Once hot, scoop about ¼ cup of batter and drop into the pan (as many as will comfortably fit - you should hear a nice sizzle when you drop the batter in). Use a spatula to flatten the tops, so the fritters are a round / flat shape.
- Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the fritters from the skillet and place on a paper towel lined plate. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the fritters warm topped with a dollop of dairy free sour cream and a sprinkle of green onion.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 126Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 255mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g
Nutrition data shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice. Nutritional info includes 2 tablespoons oil for cooking and does NOT include the dairy free sour cream or extra green onions for serving.