Blueberry Corn Salsa
This sweet & savory blueberry corn salsa is a summer staple! Only 15 minutes to make and so many good ways to put it to use – try it with chips, on tacos or spooned over a cooked protein of choice. Dairy free, gluten free and vegan.
We’ve been getting SO MANY blueberries (and other berries) in our CSA box this summer that I am constantly trying to find ways to use them all up.
Now, let me go ahead and just say what you are probably thinking. Yes, I absolutely realize that I could just freeze them for another time. But, well, I don’t want to. For no apparent reason other than the fact that I just don’t (totally logical, yes?).
So. Instead of freezing all them berries, we feast on this blueberry corn salsa!
It’s sweet, it’s savory, it’s got a touch of heat.
Not to mention that it only takes about 15 minutes to pull together AND that it gets better and better as it sits in the fridge.
It’s fantastic with a big ol’ bowl of your favorite chips. It’s also fantastic on tacos. Or pretty much just about any way you decide to put it to good use.
Tips & Tricks For This Blueberry Corn Salsa
- First things first. Salsa can be very personal, so of course feel free to tinker with the quantities of any of the ingredients to your taste. My preferences are listed down below but you can just use that as your guide on the way to salsa goodness.
- I would encourage you to plan ahead and give the salsa a chance to chill in the fridge before using. The flavors develop so nicely during that time. But if you’re in a pinch, you can absolutely use right away.
- Don’t like any heat? Be sure to both seed and remove the membranes from the jalapeno. You can also leave out the hot sauce and then adjust the other seasonings to taste.
- And finally, I feel like this may go without saying, but if your produce isn’t great, then the salsa won’t be great. But if you are using juicy blueberries and in-season fresh corn? It’s totally yum-o.
Additional Homemade Dip Recipes You Might Enjoy
- Grape Salsa
- Fresh Cherry Tomato Salsa
- Grilled Corn and Pineapple Salsa
- Garden Veggie Hummus Dip
- Everything Spinach Chickpea Dip
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
Blueberry Corn Salsa
This sweet & savory blueberry corn salsa is a summer staple! Only 15 minutes to make and so many good ways to put it to use - try it with chips, on tacos or spooned over a cooked protein of choice. Dairy free, gluten free and vegan.
- 2 ½ cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and minced
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onion
- juice of ½ a medium lime (or more to taste if it’s not juicy)
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium / medium large bowl. Toss until well combined. Taste and adjust any of the flavors as desired.
- Cover, then transfer the salsa to the refrigerator to chill for 1 to 2 hours. Serve with plenty of tortilla chips or however you would like!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 69Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
Nutrition data shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.
What a lovely problem to have – too many blueberries! 🙂 This salsa is a great way to use them. I love fruit salsas and will need to try this blueberry version! It looks amazing!!!
Yum I love fruit salsa and this is a great way of using up extra berries. I definitely see chips and this salsa in my future.
Me too – I can never get enough of fruity salsas!
I am seeing these blueberry and corn recipes everywhere. But this salsa is a genius. I love a good salsa and I can tell this one tastes so good. The addition of green onions sounds like a wonderful idea.
Having a lot of blueberries is a great thing…they’re my favorite berry and I can never get enough! Plus, it’s so hard to freeze them when they’re so sweet…you just want to pop them in your mouth one after the other. 🙂 Blueberries and corn were meant to be together and I’m loving that you put it together in a salsa…with basil! I’m ready to go face-first into this.
Yes exactly! It’s like they are just too good to freeze! Thanks Marcie!
This is such a unique and fun salsa! And obviously gorgeous! I could eat blueberries by the pint!
Blueberries and corn is a match made in heaven, love this combo, great salsa!!!
I so agree – it’s such a great combo!
I adore salsa! Have never thought of using blueberries in salsa though…such a great idea!
This looks so good! I love the idea of using blueberries- so novel- and the green onion and jalapeno sound fabulous!