Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
Soft and moist peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip muffins! With the ever-favorite combination of peanut butter & chocolate, these lightly sweet muffins are perfect for snacking!
I am a firm believer that for some recipes the name says it all.
And that definitely is the case with these muffins. Peanut butter, oatmeal and chocolate chips. How can you go wrong?
These muffins are moist and have great texture from the oatmeal garnish.
They have just the right amount of peanut butter flavor with a hint of chocolate. They are sweet, but not too sweet, making them perfect for breakfast or a mid-afternoon snack. Or really an anytime snack.
Oh and did I mention that this is the kind of muffin that you can wash down with a big ol’ glass of milk? Yeah, they’re really good that way too.
Do I need to sell you even more?
You can whip these muffins up in no time flat – no mixer required.
And they have whole wheat flour, applesauce and oats, so they are healthy right? Don’t answer that.
While I haven’t tried it out, I think these would also be good smeared with a bit of peanut butter to serve. I think I need to go make another batch and test out that theory…
Additional Muffin Recipes You Might Enjoy!
- Banana Carrot Muffins
- Pistachio Muffins
- Orange Olive Oil Muffins
- Blueberry Coconut Muffins
- Strawberry Vanilla Muffins
- Morning Glory Muffins
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats, plus extra for garnish
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled*
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk**
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips (or semi-sweet)***
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a muffin tin with baking cups or grease with nonstick cooking spray or butter. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together both types of flour, the oats, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar. Next, add in the peanut butter, eggs, milk, applesauce and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix until just incorporated. Do not over mix. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Evenly divide the batter among the prepared muffin tins (they should be about ¾ of the way full). Sprinkle a few additional oats on the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 17 to 19 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let the muffins cool for about 5 minutes, then remove from the tin to a wire rack to cool completely.
*To keep these dairy free - use non dairy butter or coconut oil in place of the regular butter.
**To keep these dairy free - use unsweetened almond milk (or another non dairy milk of choice).
***To keep these dairy free - be sure to use dairy free chocolate chips.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 42mg Sodium: 212mg Carbohydrates: 29g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 13g Protein: 6g