Dark Chocolate Fruit & Nut Clusters
Dreamy dark chocolate, crunchy raw nuts and sweet dried cranberries combine in these irresistible dark chocolate fruit & nut clusters! An easy sweet & salty healthy treat, they’re dairy free, gluten free and vegan.
Looking for a stash-worthy treat? You know, one that you can hide away in the back of your fridge so that no one else can find?
Well then gather round my friends and say hello to today’s dark chocolate fruit & nut clusters!
Made in about 25 minutes, these little dark chocolate treats are the perfect sweet end to the day.
There’s only five, count em’ five, ingredients involved … one of which is flaky sea salt for sprinkling. Soooo I’m not even sure that totally counts.
And here’s how they go down…
We microwave some dark chocolate chips until melt-y and smooth. Then, we stir in some toast-y raw pecans, walnuts and sweet dried cranberries.
Finally, we scoop the mixture into mini muffins liners, sprinkle with that aforementioned sea salt and then pop into the fridge until set. Annnnd we’re done.
They’re easy, they’re healthy (well, when it comes to treats that is) and they can easily fit a variety of dietary needs (gluten free, vegan, dairy free).
It’s dark chocolate magic I tell you.
Tips & Tricks For These Dark Chocolate Fruit & Nut Clusters
- To keep these clusters vegan / gluten free / dairy free, be sure to check the ingredients in your dark chocolate chips. I like the Enjoy Life brand (Not sponsored – Just what I use for my dark chocolate).
- Let’s talk the fruit & nuts. You could absolutely use different raw nuts or dried fruit here. I listed my favorite combo in the recipe but pick your poison.
- Now, toasting the nuts. Yes, this is an extra step but I think it adds great flavor. Could you skip doing this? Of course! But if you don’t, please keep an eye on the nuts when you are toasting them in the skillet. They can burn easily and that’s just no fun.
- Along those lines, prep time for the recipe includes time for the nuts to cool slightly (toward the end of the cooling time, I start melting the chocolate and prepping the liners).
- Melting the chocolate! I stop heating the chocolate when just a few small chips remain and then stir until smooth (which helps prevent you from burning it).
- And finally, I would encourage you to keep the finished clusters stored in the fridge as directed. If your house is pretty cold, they may do well just at room temp … butttt we don’t want to take any chances with them melting, now do we?
May you delight in every sweet and crunchy and salty bite! ♡♡♡
Additional No Bake Dessert Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- 3 Ingredient Dairy Free Fudge
- Dairy Free Truffles
- Brownie Batter Hummus
- Dairy Free Fruit Dip
- Healthier Chocolate Fruit Dip
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Honey Balls
- Dairy Free Rice Krispie Treats
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
- ½ cup chopped raw walnuts
- ½ cup chopped raw pecans
- 8 ounces dark chocolate chips*
- ½ cup roughly chopped dried cranberries
- flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
- Set a medium skillet over medium heat. When hot, add in the walnuts and pecans and cook, stirring frequently, for about 2 to 3 minutes, until lightly toasted and fragrant. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly (about 10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, set 20 mini muffin liners on a parchment or wax paper lined baking sheet (you can also put them in a mini muffin pan, but I find it easier when scooping to just use the baking sheet - makes less of a mess!).
- Add the dark chocolate chips to a medium-sized microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until the mixture is smooth (alternatively, you can use a double boiler).
- Stir in the toasted nuts and the dried cranberries until well combined.
- Scoop about a heaping tablespoon of the mixture into each of the prepared liners (a small cookie scoop works great here!). Sprinkle the tops immediately with some of the flaky sea salt.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for about 1 hour, or until the chocolate is set. Transfer the clusters to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
*To keep these dairy free / vegan - be sure to use non dairy chocolate chips.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 32mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
Nutrition data shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.