Mango Coconut Bread
This super moist mango coconut bread is an easy treat that will have you dreaming of tropical vacations! Packed with fresh mango, coconut and macadamia nuts, it’s soft, fluffy and irresistible. Dairy free and vegetarian.
I went a little bit crazy with mango this week at the grocery store. They were on sale, ripe and looking all good sitting there in the bin.
So I did what any normal person would do and proceeded to buy way too many. I mean, you can never have enough mango right?
Or so I thought.
I made these ground pork tacos with mango salsa for dinner. We snacked on some more mango salsa with chips. I ate sliced up mango in the morning for breakfast or inside smoothies.
But I still had some left.
So I decided it was time to start baking.
This bread reminds me of banana bread … but without the bananas. And with mango instead.
There’s mango puree to keep it nice and moist, and then some more diced mango for good measure.
Add in some coconut and macadamia nuts and you have an easy quick bread that will have you thinking of tropical vacations.
Hmmm I could use one of those.
Additional Quick Bread Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Olive Oil Banana Bread
- Spiced Sweet Potato Bread
- Pumpkin Olive Oil Bread
- Chocolate Sweet Potato Bread
- Dairy Free Zucchini Bread
- Pear Bread with Oat Streusel
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
For the mango puree:
- 1 large ripe mango (or 2 smaller mangos), roughly chopped
For the loaf:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil, cooled slightly*
- ½ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 large ripe mango, diced (about 1 to 1 ½ cups)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan and then dust with flour. Set aside.
To make the mango puree:
- Add the chopped mango to the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Measure out ½ cup of the mango puree and set aside (discard the rest or use for something else if you have any leftover).
To make the loaf:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, egg yolk, vanilla extract, coconut oil and ½ cup of mango puree.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry and mix until just combined. Gently fold in the macadamia nuts, coconut and diced mango.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and use a spatula to smooth the top.
- Bake for about 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the bread comes out clean. If the loaf starts to brown too quickly, tent loosely with aluminum foil.
- Cool for about 10 minutes, then remove the loaf from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
*Melt the coconut oil first and then measure out the correct amount.
Adapted from Saveur
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 355Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 225mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 3gSugar: 30gProtein: 6g
Nutrition data shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.