Homemade Strawberry Milk
Perfectly sweet and creamy homemade strawberry milk! With a simple strawberry syrup made with fresh berries, stir it into a glass of cold milk for a delightful sweet treat. Dairy free, gluten free and vegan.
Growing up I was always a sucker for strawberry milk. Don’t get me wrong I loved chocolate milk too, but there was just something about strawberry.
Probably the pretty pink color. I’ve always been a girly girl at heart. Pretty things make me super happy.
These days I don’t buy containers of strawberry or chocolate milk at the cafeteria for lunch.
But, I do still enjoy a big glass of chocolate milk sometimes at night – kinda like a pseudo dessert.
So anyway, a few weeks ago it hit me – homemade strawberry milk.
I was convinced it would blow the fake stuff from my childhood out of the water. And man oh man, it does not disappoint.
Strawberry milk with real strawberries! I mean, c’mon. You just can’t go wrong with that.
I’ve been waiting to share this recipe with you until now. Because you know, pink = Valentine’s Day.
Additional DIY Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Homemade Chocolate Syrup
- Homemade Vanilla Syrup
- DIY Hot Fudge Sauce
- Earl Grey Tea Latte
- Dairy Free Hot Chocolate
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup loosely packed brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- milk of choice, for serving
- Add the strawberries to a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Strain the strawberry puree through a fine mesh sieve to remove the seeds (using a wooden spoon to help push it through). Set aside.
- Add the water and both kinds of sugar to a small saucepan. Set the pan over medium heat and cook, stirring frequently, until the sugar dissolves. Add in the strained strawberry puree and salt. Allow the mixture to come to a gentle simmer.
- Turn down the heat just a bit and continue to cook for about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently (don’t wander away as the mixture will rise up and spill over very quickly if you’re not stirring frequently!). Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Let cool completely and then store the syrup in the refrigerator. The mixture will thicken slightly as it cools.
- To serve, add a few tablespoons (or to taste) of the strawberry syrup to a glass of milk and stir until combined.
To keep this dairy free / vegan - use a non dairy milk of choice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 52Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 16mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 0g
Nutrition data shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice. Nutrition info is ONLY for the strawberry syrup and does not include a milk of choice.