Watermelon Salad with Sriracha Vinaigrette
Sweet and salty watermelon salad with sriracha vinaigrette! With fresh watermelon, tangy feta and crunchy peanuts all tied together in this super easy summer salad.
I am fully convinced that I am going to turn into a watermelon. Really, it’s going to happen.
The last few weeks I’ve gleefully bought a watermelon each week at the food store and then immediately proceeded to cut it up as soon as I get home.
And because I am impatient I start stuffing my face right away before the container can even be put in the fridge to chill for a bit.
Even though cold watermelon is better than room temperature watermelon, I can’t help myself. It’s just so good.
So by the end of the summer it is very likely that I am going to be one giant walking watermelon. Now there’s a visual for you.
I decided that I should maybe get at least a little creative with all my watermelon consumption and so this salad was born.
The idea came from something I ate at a local restaurant, although once again I don’t even remember which restaurant I had it at.
All I know is that it was last summer and that it has been sitting on my list of things to make for the blog since then (with a little note that said “MUST MAKE SOON” – clearly I ignore my own notes to myself). Major fail because you need this in your life asap.
I know there are plenty of other watermelon salad recipes out there, but gosh is this one awesome. Cold, sweet watermelon, sprinkled with feta, peanuts and arugula, and then drizzled with a sriracha vinaigrette.
Sweet, salty and just a hint spicy all in one. Pure perfection.
Additional Watermelon Recipes You Might Enjoy!
- Watermelon, Mozzarella and Prosciutto Skewers
- Watermelon Berry Smoothie
- Creamy Watermelon Coconut Milkshake
- Watermelon and Cream Ice Pops
- Watermelon Basil Agua Fresca
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
For the salad:
- about 5 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- ¼ cup unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
- about ⅓ cup packed baby arugula, chopped
To make the dressing:
- Add all the ingredients for the dressing to a small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Divide the watermelon among four serving plates. Sprinkle each with some of the feta, peanuts and arugula. Drizzle with the desired amount of dressing and serve immediately.
You'll have dressing leftover - it’s great for other salads!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 281 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 8mg Sodium: 429mg Carbohydrates: 23g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 19g Protein: 5g