Watermelon, Mozzarella and Prosciutto Skewers
Sweet & salty, these watermelon, mozzarella and prosciutto skewers are a super fun party appetizer. Easy to make in 15 minutes flat, they’re fantastic for summer! Gluten free.
Note: This recipe is NOT dairy free. It was published before Cook Nourish Bliss transitioned to dairy free recipes and remains popular with long time readers. You can try using substitutions to make it dairy free, however I have not tested this myself and can’t say how it will turn out.
Today’s recipe is pure fun. Absolutely tasty of course, but mostly just fun.
I mean, how can it not be when there are skewers involved?
So grab all the necessary ingredients and make these watermelon skewers part of your summer plans!
We have some fresh mozzarella balls. Watermelon. Cucumber. Prosciutto.
All threaded onto a wooden skewer or toothpick. You can make them as small or as big as you like.
Right before serving, we’ll sprinkle on a little fresh basil and drizzle on some thick, amazing balsamic glaze. Sweet, salty, awesome.
Don’t have skewers? No problem! Just lay out all the components slightly overlapping on a serving platter. You’ll still get all the tasty goodness that way too.
Just not as much fun. Oh, who are we kidding. Still totally fun since watermelon is involved.
Additional Watermelon Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Strawberry Watermelon Smoothie
- Watermelon Basil Agua Fresca
- Watermelon Coconut Milkshake
- Watermelon and Cream Ice Pops
- Watermelon Salad with Sriracha Vinaigrette
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
- wooden skewers or toothpicks, for assembling
- 20 small fresh mozzarella balls, patted dry
- 20 (about 1-inch square) chunks seedless watermelon
- 20 (½-inch thick) slices (peeled or unpeeled) cucumber
- 20 thin slices prosciutto
- minced fresh basil, for sprinkling
- balsamic glaze, for drizzling
- On the skewers or toothpicks, thread one mozzarella ball, then one piece of the watermelon, a piece of the cucumber and lastly a slice of prosciutto. Repeat as needed to fill the skewer or toothpick (I usually do two rounds on each skewer).
- Place the assembled skewers on a serving tray. Sprinkle with fresh basil, then drizzle generously with the balsamic glaze. Serve immediately.
I like to try to roll up the prosciutto slices before threading them on the skewers. But you can thread them on however you would like.
You can assemble the skewers in advance - just don’t sprinkle the basil and drizzle the balsamic glaze until right before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 291mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 9g
Nutrition data shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.