Vegetable and Black Bean Enchilada Pasta
Easy and fun vegetable and black bean enchilada pasta! Make this mexican inspired pasta dish in 30 minutes or less!
It’s mexican food wednesday! I know, that’s not really a thing. But I get super antsy whenever I wait too long before sharing another mexican recipe with you.
And yes, I fully realize it’s only been two weeks since the grape salsa. However, two weeks is far far too long.
We all need a mexican food fix, yes?
Or maybe it’s just me who has a veryyy hard time not eating tacos or enchiladas or something along those lines at least once or twice a week.
About This Vegetarian Enchilada Pasta
And today we’re doing super simple. We’re talking nice and easy and yet so tasty that you’re going to want to give me a hug.
Because this right here is most definitely a weeknight dinner winner. Such a fun phrase to say!
So. We’re going to boil some pasta.
Meanwhile, we’re going to cook a few veggies in a skillet.
And then! We’re going to smother it all in finger licking good enchilada sauce, cheese (very important business!) and throw in some black beans and cilantro for added fun.
And did I mention that we’re using fresh corn? I swoon all over the place whenever I eat it right now because it is just. so. good.
But don’t worry, during the winter you can definitely use frozen corn instead. Yes, you are absolutely going to want to make this all year round.
Additional Enchilada Recipes You Might Enjoy!
- Sweet Potato & Black Bean Enchilada Stir-Fry
- Grilled Vegetable Enchilada Bowls
- Summer Vegetable Skillet Enchiladas
- Vegetable Enchilada Casserole
- Enchilada Stuffed Mushrooms
- Homemade Enchilada Sauce
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
- 1 pound whole wheat linguine
- about 1 ¼ cups red enchilada sauce
- ½ cup freshly grated pepper jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium yellow squash, chopped
- 2 ears fresh corn, kernels removed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- crumbled goat cheese, for garnish
- chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add in the linguine and cook according to the package directions. Drain and add to a large bowl.
- Add in the enchilada sauce and pepper jack cheese and toss until well coated and the cheese is melted. Taste and add additional sauce to your own preference.
- Meanwhile, set a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the olive oil. When hot, add in the onion. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, until it starts to soften. Add in the zucchini, squash, corn, salt, cumin, smoked paprika and cayenne. Cook for about 6 to 8 minutes, until the veggies are all tender. Add in the black beans and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until warmed through. Remove from the heat.
- Add some of the pasta to a serving bowl. Top with some of the veggie mixture, some goat cheese and a sprinkle of cilantro.
For leftovers - the pasta absorbs the enchilada sauce, so I like to drizzle on a little extra to get it nice and saucy again.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 339 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 11mg Sodium: 704mg Carbohydrates: 53g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 9g Protein: 15g