Corn Fritters with Tomato Avocado Salsa
These easy corn fritters are the ultimate summer meal! Packed with fresh corn kernels and green onion, and topped with a delicious tomato avocado salsa, they are hard to resist. Dairy free and vegetarian.
Corn, corn and more corn! I can’t get enough.
And I have one more recipe for you next week with this delicious vegetable … and it involves pizza. Get pumped.
But let’s first get excited for these corn fritters with tomato avocado salsa. Because it would be a shame to just blow over these and move right along to the pizza. Even though we all love pizza.
So. Corn fritters. This meal has made an appearance at our table quite a number of times this summer.
It’s easy, uses such great seasonal produce and well, obviously it’s delicious or I wouldn’t be sharing with you.
About These Healthy Corn Fritters
The batter for the fritters is pretty simple, packed with fresh corn kernels and a bit of green onions to give it a little more savory flavor.
And the salsa, while nothing extravagant, is just the right topping to compliment the corn base. Tomatoes, cucumber, creamy dreamy avocado. You just can’t go wrong.
And then guess what we’ll drizzle over the top?
Are you surprised that I used balsamic glaze again? I didn’t think so. It’s just so pretty and adds the perfect finishing touch … both in looks and taste.
Make a batch this weekend and enjoy!
Additional Fresh Corn Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Dairy Free Corn Chowder
- Zucchini Fritters with Tomato Corn Salsa
- Zucchini and Corn Orzo Salad
- Blueberry Corn Salsa
- Zucchini and Corn Tacos
- Sweet Potato Corn Chowder
- Fresh Corn Enchiladas
- Fresh Corn and Zucchini Pizza
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
For the fritters:
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup milk of choice*
- 1 ½ cups fresh corn kernels (about 3 ears corn)
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
For the salsa:
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- juice of ½ a lemon
- balsamic glaze, for drizzling
To make the fritters:
- Add the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper to a large bowl. Whisk to combine. Add in the egg, milk, corn kernels and green onions and mix until combined and a nice and thick batter forms.
- Set a large skillet over medium heat. Add in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. When hot, scoop about ¼ cup of the batter (I use my muffin-sized dough scoop) and drop into the pan (dropping in as many scoops as will fit). Use a spatula to flatten the tops slightly. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Remove the fritters from the skillet and place on a paper-towel lined plate. Repeat with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and remaining batter (I get about 9 patties in total and do half in each batch in the skillet).
To make the salsa:
- In a medium bowl, add the tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, green onions, olive oil, salt and lemon juice. Toss to combine.
- Spoon some of the salsa over a corn fritter and drizzle lightly with balsamic glaze. Serve immediately.
*To keep these dairy free - be sure to use a dairy free milk.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 465Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 544mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 8gSugar: 11gProtein: 10g
Nutrition data shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.