Slow Cooker Creamy Veggie & Wild Rice Soup
Merry merry!! We are just days (!!) away from Christmas and my holiday spirit is through the roof. It mayyyy be just a little out of hand.
To the point where my husband might lose his mind if I insist we watch just one more Christmas movie before the big day. <— No but seriously, we totally have time for more!
ANYWAY. Today’s recipe has absolutely nothing to do with the holidays. Other than the fact that when you enjoy a big ol’ bowl you feel like you are all cozy and wrapped up in a blanket and ready to enjoy everything this magical winter season has to offer.
So there’s that. My point being that this soup is total winter comfort food. But also totally healthy! Now that’s my kind of dish!
Andddd there’s the added bonus that it only takes about 20 minutes of your time to whip up. Dump everything in the crockpot and walk away. Winner winner soup-y dinner!
It’s loaded with all sorts of goodness – plenty of classic veggies (think carrots and celery!), dreamy yukon potatoes and wild rice. It gets naturally sort of creamy from the rice itself, but then we pump that up with a bit of almond milk at the very end.
It’s thick, it’s stew-like and very much a “man meal,” per my husband. Especially when served with some bread or pita chips for dunking. Swoon, swoon!!
Tips & Tricks For This Slow Cooker Creamy Veggie & Wild Rice Soup
- This soup takes the full 8 hours in my crockpot in order for all the veggies to get perfectly tender. This may vary a bit for you, but just keep that in mind!
- You can absolutely use whatever milk you’d like in place of the almond milk.
- As you’ll see down below, fresh spinach leaves are added at the very end of the recipe. Do your best to mix them into the soup, but don’t worry if it’s not perfect. The spinach will wilt down during the 10 minutes of “rest time” and then you’ll be able to mix them in completely.
- If I happen to have some on hand, I like to top the soup with a touch of chopped parsley for a pop of freshness. But this is totally not necessary. Just if you happen to have some in your fridge!
And that’s a wrap! Time for me to get back to those holidays movies. With a cup of hot chocolate in a Christmas mug, please and thank you.
Additional Cozy Slow Cooker Recipes You Might Enjoy!
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Spinach Curry
- Slow Cooker Thai Sweet Potato Soup
- Crockpot Chicken, Wild Rice and Butternut Squash Soup
- Crockpot Stuffed Pepper Soup
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 554mg Carbohydrates: 32g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 5g Protein: 5g
You can grab the plan & grocery list here! —> Healthy Vegetarian Crockpot Recipes Meal Plan