Morning Glory Overnight Oats
These 15-minute morning glory overnight oats make for a perfect hearty and wholesome breakfast! Packed with coconut, carrot, apple and raisins, they’re easy to make and excellent for grab and go. Dairy free, gluten free and vegan.
Fun fact – I have a weeee bit of an obsessive personality when it comes to food. As in, when I get stuck on a certain flavor or combination, I can happily eat it over and over and over.
Case in point. These whole grain morning glory muffins. Light, fluffy and packed with carrots, apple, coconut and raisins (!!), I make them allll the time.
So of course I needed to take my obsession one step further and use those same flavors in other things.
Which brings us to today. And these morning glory overnight oats. Or really, those favorite muffins of mine in oatmeal form.
We have some orange zest, some carrots, some raisins, some apple. And walnuts and coconut, oh my!
It’s springtime goodness at its finest.
And with just about 15 minutes of prep, your breakfast can be ready to go (and grab!) for the whole week. Done and done.
Tips & Tricks For These Morning Glory Overnight Oats
- As written, these oats are lightly sweet (and then there’s some added sweetness from the raisins, apple, etc.). But of course feel free to play around with the amount of maple syrup to taste.
- Same sort of thing goes with the actual mix-ins. I think they are perfect as written (ahem, not that I’m biased or anything), but play around! Use the base recipe as your guide and go from there.
- I usually enjoy overnight oats cold, but since the weather is sooo all over the place right now, I sometimes will heat them up (for those super chilly mornings).
- And finally, if needed for your diet, be sure to use certified gluten free oats.
Additional Portable Breakfasts You Might Enjoy:
- Dairy Free Overnight Oats (8 Ways!)
- Berry Vanilla Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Overnight Oats
- Strawberry Chia Pudding
- Blueberry Almond Butter Chia Pudding
- Banana Bread Breakfast Cookies
- Chocolate Cherry Breakfast Cookies
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
For the oats:
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons chia seeds
- dash of ground cinnamon
- dash of ground ginger
- dash of ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ½ cup grated carrot (from about 1 large carrot)
- ½ cup grated apple (from about 1 medium apple)
- ¼ cup golden raisins (or regular!)
- ¼ cup chopped raw walnuts
- few splashes extra milk
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- In a medium bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the oats until well combined. Transfer the mixture to two containers with lids and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to eat, stir in a splash or so of additional almond milk to get the oats to loosen up (if desired). Top with a generous sprinkle of coconut flakes.
If you don’t use the unsweetened vanilla almond milk, I would add in a quick splash of vanilla extract to the oat base.
I like to grate the carrot and apple in my food processor - makes it nice and easy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 502Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 94mgCarbohydrates: 76gFiber: 11gSugar: 29gProtein: 15g
Nutrition data shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.