Blueberry Almond Butter Chia Pudding
This super easy and healthy blueberry almond butter chia pudding is the perfect breakfast or snack! With dreamy vanilla and almond butter blended right into the base, this pudding can’t be beat. Vegan, dairy free & gluten free.
Let’s get back to basics today, shall we? In the form of this berry-licious blueberry almond butter chia pudding.
I’ve been making chia pudding on the regular for several years now, butttt only recently realized that I’ve never shared my go-to recipe (or, um, any recipe). Forgive me?
Because I do think you’re gonna love this one.
Now, I am a huge fan of classic chia pudding – i.e. your choice of milk, chia seeds and sweetener.
BUT. When you blend some dreamy nut butter right into the mix? It kicks it up a notch, adds some extra staying power and is just downright delicious.
ESPECIALLY if you then top it with plenty of fresh juicy blueberries + even more drippy creamy almond butter. It’s pure magic I tell you. Pure magic.
Enjoy it for snack time, enjoy it for breakfast time! Maybe even as a wholesome dessert? <— Yup, totally done that.
It’s healthy. Completely portable. Super easy. And just a few minutes of your time required.
Tips & Tricks For This Blueberry Almond Butter Chia Pudding
- After all the ingredients for the pudding are blended together, we let the mixture rest for about 10 minutes and then whisk whisk whisk again before refrigerating overnight. This REALLY helps to evenly distribute the seeds and nut butter throughout the pudding and smooth out any clumps, so don’t skip this step.
- Prep time for the recipe includes the 10 minute rest. Active time is only about 5 minutes.
- In the morning, if you find you need to thin out your chia pudding, add in more almond milk a splash or so at a time until it reaches your desired consistency. Alternatively, if your pudding is too thin, you can add in more chia seeds, 1 tablespoon at a time, and let it sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes to thicken up.
- And finally. This recipe works best with almond butter that has a drippy consistency (this allows it to blend well into the pudding). If you can’t get your hands on a drippy almond butter, I would just leave it out from the pudding base. Whisk all the remaining base ingredients together in a medium bowl and proceed with the recipe. In the morning, top with extra almond butter (to make up for it missing from the base) or serve with whatever toppings you would like.
How To Store
This chia pudding keeps well for about 4 to 5 days in a covered container or individual jars in the fridge.
Additional Portable Breakfast Recipes You Might Enjoy!
- Strawberry Chia Pudding
- Berry Vanilla Overnight Oats
- Morning Glory Overnight Oats
- Banana Bread Breakfast Cookies
- Chocolate Cherry Breakfast Cookies
- Chocolate Overnight Oats
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
For the base:
- 2 cups unsweetened plain almond milk
- ¼ cup drippy creamy almond butter
- 1 ½ to 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chia seeds
- about ¼ cup drippy creamy almond butter
- about 1 ¼ to 1 ⅓ cups fresh blueberries
For the base:
- Add the almond milk, almond butter, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla to a blender. Process until smooth and well combined (about 30 seconds).
- Pour the mixture into a medium bowl, then whisk in the chia seeds. Let the mixture rest for about 8 to 10 minutes, then whisk again until all the clumps have smoothed out (this might take a bit!).
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, give the chia pudding a good stir. Taste and adjust the maple syrup as needed.
- Divide between four small containers or bowls, then serve each topped with about 1 tablespoon almond butter and about a heaping ¼ cup to ⅓ cup fresh blueberries.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 360 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 23g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 13mg Carbohydrates: 28g Fiber: 13g Sugar: 12g Protein: 11g