Berry Vanilla Overnight Oats
Healthy, filling and portable, these creamy berry vanilla overnight oats are a breakfast staple! Filled with fresh strawberries, blueberries, almond milk and chia seeds, you can whip them up in 10 minutes or less. Dairy free, gluten free and vegan.
Let’s get back to basics today, shall we? With these berry overnight oats!
Simple, unfussy, not at all fancy. But a total staple at our house for breakfast. And a most excellent way to put all those gorgeous summer berries to good use.
Now, when it comes to oatmeal, I am
super crazy particular.
We have steel cut oatmeal in cold weather and then overnight oats in hot weather. End of story. What can I say, I like routine.
Which brings us to today. I already covered my all-time favorite strawberry steel cut oatmeal, so I figured it was high time to cover my go-to overnight oats recipe (with strawberries).
10 minutes. Totally portable. And a creamy, fantastic vanilla oat base mixed in with colorful berries.
It just doesn’t get much better.
Tips & Tricks For These Berry Overnight Oats
- I like to make the oats on the weekend, so breakfast is ready to go during the week. They keep well in airtight containers for about four days. You don’t have to do anything in the morning, just grab a spoon and enjoy.
- Like always with gluten free recipes, be sure to use certified gluten free oats if needed for your diet.
- Want a little crunch? I sometimes will throw some nuts right into the jars. Pistachios or sliced almonds are my personal favorites here.
- I find the oats perfectly, lightly sweet as written, but you may need to add more sweetener for your taste. The first time you make them, I’d encourage you to prep them as written and then just drizzle on extra maple syrup in the morning if needed (after they’ve had time to chill in the fridge and thicken up).
- Sometimes when I’m enjoying these at home, I’ll splash in a little extra milk right before serving. But it really just depends on my mood. Play around with what you like best.
Additional Portable Breakfasts You Might Enjoy:
- Dairy Free Overnight Oats (8 Ways!)
- Morning Glory Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Overnight Oats
- Strawberry Chia Pudding
- Blueberry Almond Butter Chia Pudding
- Banana Bread Breakfast Cookies
- Chocolate Cherry Breakfast Cookies
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
For the berries:
- heaping ½ cup chopped strawberries
- heaping ½ cup blueberries
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
For the oats:
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon almond extract
For the berries:
- In a medium bowl, toss together the strawberries, blueberries and vanilla extract. Divide the mixture between two (or three) containers with lids (I like mason jars here).
For the oats:
- Using the same medium bowl, mix together the oats, almond milk, maple syrup, chia seeds, vanilla extract and almond extract.
- Divide the mixture between the containers (spoon / pour right over the berries). Seal the containers and transfer to the refrigerator to sit overnight.
- When ready to eat, give it a good stir and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 6gSugar: 12gProtein: 5g
Nutrition data shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.