Fresh Cherry Tomato Salsa
This healthy & easy fresh cherry tomato salsa is a summer staple! Serve with chips, in your favorite tacos or spooned over eggs. And just 15 minutes or less to make. Vegan, dairy free & gluten free.
Grab your party hats, a big bag of chips and maybe a refreshing summer beverage because today we chat this fresh cherry tomato salsa!
And in my opinion, chips + salsa equals a rockin’ good time. <— I know, I know, I live such a wild and crazy life.
No but seriously. This is the good stuff right here.
Especially since we can have this healthy, easy and homemade salsa ready to go in 15 minutes flat.
ANYWAY. This recipe is another answer to the question what do I do with allll these extra fresh cherry tomatoes? I have a tendency to buy a wee bit too many this time of year, but maybe you have a surplus from your garden instead?
Now, are you not feeling the chips + salsa idea? Don’t you worry, because there are plenty of ways to put this goodness to use:
- Spooned over scrambled eggs.
- As a topping for some killer avocado toast.
- Served over a grilled protein of choice.
- In your favorite tacos or burritos.
Tips & Tricks For This Fresh Cherry Tomato Salsa
- As listed down in the recipe, you’ll need two pints of cherry tomatoes. This is approximately 4 cups once halved (if you aren’t buying pints.).
- Now, this is important. Make sure that you use good tomatoes! If your tomatoes stink, well, then your salsa will stink. This is probably totally obvious, but just to be super clear.
- If you are sensitive to spice, be sure to both seed AND remove the membranes of the jalapeno. And additionally, don’t use a lot of black pepper.
- And finally, remember that salsa is quite personal. So of course feel free to adjust the quantities of any of the ingredients to YOUR taste.
Additional Dip Recipes You Might Enjoy
- Blueberry Corn Salsa
- Grilled Corn and Pineapple Salsa
- Dairy Free Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Garden Veggie Hummus Dip
- Everything Spinach Chickpea Dip
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup minced red onion
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and minced
- ½ cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, chopped
- ½ cup loosely packed basil leaves, chopped
- juice of half a medium lime
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- heaping ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
- pinch to ⅛ teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium / medium large bowl and toss until well combined. Taste and adjust any of the flavors as desired.
- Cover, then transfer the salsa to the refrigerator to chill for 1 to 2 hours. Serve with plenty of tortilla chips or however you would like!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 47Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 71mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g
Nutrition data shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.