Dairy Free Nachos
These fully loaded dairy free nachos are sure to be a family favorite! Easy to make and packed with flavor, they’re fantastic for a weeknight dinner, snack or party. Featuring the BEST dairy free cheese sauce and options for both meat or beans, they’re hearty, crunchy and satisfying. Gluten free with vegan / vegetarian options.
Nachos. They’re good for the soul. Am I right or am I right?
I mean, between the crunchy chips, the fresh veggies, the creamy cheese. They’re just really hard not to love.
So today, we talk about these epic dairy free nachos.
Because even though we might not be able to eat real cheese, there’s no reason we can’t still enjoy this favorite dish.
And today’s version is loaded up with ALL the toppings.
We have a protein of choice. Some bell pepper, corn and green onion. A darn good dairy free cheese sauce. Creamy avocado. Fresh cilantro. Flavorful salsa.
The gang is definitely all here.
They’re perfect for parties, as a quick weeknight dinner or, you know, just to take care of that late-night nacho craving. Anything goes.
How To Make Dairy Free Nachos
So, let’s talk about how these simple nachos go down:
Layer tortilla chips. First up, we’ll add plenty of tortilla chips to a baking dish and spread evenly.
Add protein + veggies. Next, we’ll top with a cooked protein of choice, plus some bell pepper, green onion and corn.
Bake until hot. We’ll pop it all in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, until nice and warm.
Finish with toppings. Finally, we’ll drizzle on some dairy free nacho cheese sauce, and then sprinkle with diced avocado, cilantro and pico de gallo.
And then, we dig in!
Tips & Tricks
- Please feel free to adjust ANYTHING to your taste with these nachos. Maybe you have other favorite toppings I didn’t include OR you want to change up the amounts. You do you! Think of this recipe more as a guide to get you started.
- If serving a crowd, you can easily double the recipe and cook on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- And finally, I highly suggest making the full batch of the linked dairy free nacho cheese (even though you won’t need it all for these nachos). It’s SO good just as a snack or for drizzling on other dishes.
How To Store
Nachos are 100% best enjoyed right away. They DO NOT keep well.
However, you can absolutely prep all the components in advance so that all you need to do is assemble and bake off.
Even the nacho cheese sauce can be made up to 5 days ahead of time. The only thing I’d wait on is slicing the avocado so that it doesn’t brown.
Additional Dairy Free Appetizers You Might Enjoy:
- Dairy Free Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Dairy Free Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Sweet & Spicy Popcorn Nut Party Mix
- Dairy Free Meatballs
- Dairy Free French Onion Dip
- Spinach Artichoke Hummus
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
- 5 ounces corn tortilla chips
- 1 cup cooked protein of choice*
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onion
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper (about ½ of a medium pepper)
- ½ cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 to 1 ½ cups dairy free nacho cheese sauce
- 1 small ripe avocado, sliced or diced
- ⅓ cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- ½ cup pico de gallo or your favorite chunky salsa
- minced or sliced jalapeno, to taste (optional for heat)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Line a 9x13 inch baking dish with parchment paper (if desired for easier cleanup), then place the tortilla chips in the dish in an even layer, minimizing the gaps between chips.
- Top with your cooked protein of choice, the green onions, bell pepper and corn kernels.
- Bake in the oven for about 7 to 10 minutes, or until the tortilla chips are nice and hot.
- Remove from the oven, then drizzle with the nacho cheese sauce. Next, sprinkle with the avocado, cilantro, pico and jalapeno (if using).
- Serve warm!
*Anything will work here. Try pulled pork, shredded chicken, ground beef or pinto beans (to keep vegan / vegetarian). You can also season your protein for an extra layer of flavor. If you’re using meat and cooked it in advance, warm it up first (i.e. so it’s not super cold straight from the fridge when assembling the nachos).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 399Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 277mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 10gSugar: 4gProtein: 12g
Nutrition data shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.