Chicken, Chickpea and Mango Salad
Fresh and flavorful chicken, chickpea and mango salad! With a dreamy cumin lime dressing, crispy chickpeas and juicy mango! A great make ahead dish for lunches.
So guess what? I am officially an aunt!
My sister-in-law had an adorable baby boy this week and I could not be more excited. It will be a bit before we get to head up to Boston to meet the little man so until then I’ll just have to admire him via lots of pictures. And pretend that I’m cuddling with the new baby but snuggle with Emma the beagle instead.
That’s not weird at all or anything. Let’s hope my sister-in-law doesn’t read this post so she’ll let me hang out with my new nephew and not think I’m a complete oddball. I’d imagine she’s pretty busy right now so I think I’m safe.
So since there’s really no good way to transition from a cute new baby to food we’re just going to make the jump.
Back to the mexican food bonanza!
Today I have another quick, easy and healthy dinner (or lunch!) option for you.
An awesome salad packed with spiced-up chicken, roasted crispy chickpeas and plenty of juicy fresh mango. Because I am on a mango and chickpea kick like no other at the moment.
Plus, there is some salty feta involved and a cumin lime dressing. Mmmm.
We like to enjoy this salad with some pita chips but I think it would also be great with some crusty bread or even tortilla chips.
And if it’s a Friday night after a long week maybe even a fresh honey margarita? Yes, I do think so.
Additional Salad Recipes You Might Enjoy!
- Greek Salad with Roasted Vegetables
- Spinach Power Salad
- Spring Vegetable Cobb Salad
- Chopped Asian Chicken Salad
- Summer Berry Chopped Salad
- BBQ Sweet Potato Salad
- Chopped Southwestern Salad
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
For the chickpeas:
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the chicken:
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- pinch of cumin
- pinch of paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
For the salad:
- about 6 to 8 ounces mixed greens or baby spinach
- 1 medium mango, chopped
- ½ of a small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup crumbled feta*
To make the chickpeas:
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Pat the chickpeas dry with a paper towel and add to a small bowl. In another small bowl, add the olive oil, cumin, paprika and salt. Whisk to combine. Pour the mixture over the chickpeas and toss until the chickpeas are evenly coated. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet and spread evenly in the pan.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, stirring once halfway through, until crispy. Remove from the oven and let cool directly on the baking sheet (they’ll crisp up even more).
To make the chicken:
- Season the chicken with the cumin, paprika and a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Set a medium skillet over medium heat. Add in the olive oil. When hot, add the chicken to the pan. Toss to coat and cook for about 5 minutes, until cooked through and browned on all sides. Remove from the heat.
To make the dressing:
- Add all the ingredients for the dressing to a small bowl and whisk vigorously to combine. Set aside.
- Add some of the greens to each bowl. Top with some of the chickpeas, chicken, mango, red onion and feta. Drizzle with some of the dressing. Serve immediately!
*To keep this dairy free, simply omit the feta cheese.
The chickpeas, chicken and dressing can all be made ahead of time and then all you have to do is assemble when you are ready to eat. Store the chickpeas in an airtight container at room temperature (and the chicken and dressing in the fridge). The chickpeas are most crispy when freshly made, but they are still great later on.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 487 Total Fat: 28g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 20g Cholesterol: 42mg Sodium: 809mg Carbohydrates: 42g Fiber: 9g Sugar: 21g Protein: 21g