Veggie-Filled Tortellini Skillet
Recipe for 25-minute veggie-filled tortellini skillet! Simple, no fuss and incredibly light! Perfect for warmer weather!
Let’s talk about that time that the husband and I demolished this entire veggie tortellini skillet in one sitting.
In our defense, it’s really really light. Filled with all sorts of delicious veggies.
And apparently easily consumed between two hungry adults in no time flat. I’m listing it as four servings in the recipe below but if you’re starving and you don’t make anything else to go with it? I can’t promise anything. Consider yourself warned.
Now, if you eat this like civilized folk with a glass of wine, maybe a side salad or dare I say even some fresh garlic bread? You may actually have some leftover for lunch.
Or maybe you’ll have leftovers regardless and it’s just because we eat more than most people. Jury’s out.
How To Make Veggie Tortellini Skillet
So let’s talk about this tortellini goodness! That you can have in your belly in about 25 minutes!
The bulk of this dish is made up of delicious sort of spring and summer vegetables – like onion, carrot, zucchini and a little arugula for some extra green.
We’ll mix in some cheese tortellini and then an incredibly light almost non-sauce, if you will, from a little broth, some greek yogurt and a touch of red pepper flakes.
And pretty pretty please make sure you top this off with the parmesan! It adds just the absolute perfect salty finishing touch.
I also like to add some sliced almonds and radishes for a bit of extra crunch, but I’ll forgive you if you leave those off.
So grab a bowl, mosey on outside to dine al fresco and make your monday happy!
Additional Pasta Skillet Recipes You Might Enjoy!
- Green Bean Pasta Skillet
- Eggplant Parmesan Pasta Skillet
- Skillet Chicken Fajita Pasta
- Sweet Potato and Black Bean Pasta Skillet
- Butternut Squash Pasta Skillet
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
For the pasta / veggies:
- 10 to 12 ounces refrigerated or frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- ⅓ cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups packed baby arugula
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
For garnish (optional):
- thinly sliced radishes
- freshly shredded parmesan
- sliced almonds
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add in the tortellini and cook according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, set a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the butter and olive oil. When the butter is melted, add in the onion and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, until it starts to soften. Add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add in the carrots and zucchini. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, until they start to soften. Add in the broth, salt and red pepper. Let the mixture simmer / cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, until all the veggies are tender but still have a bit of crunch. Add in the arugula and cook until just wilted. Remove from the heat.
- Add in the greek yogurt and the cooked tortellini. Mix until combined. Taste and season with additional salt / red pepper to your liking.
- Scoop some of the pasta into a bowl and top with some of the radishes, parmesan and almonds.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 332 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 38mg Sodium: 605mg Carbohydrates: 44g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 6g Protein: 13g