Detox Green Smoothie with Avocado
A creamy and healthy detox green smoothie recipe! With mango, ginger, cucumber and avocado! So tropical and refreshing!
I am a smoothie monster. So is the husband. Our obsession with smoothies is so ridiculous that when we are out of town and can’t make them, we both complain. Nonstop. All, oh my goodness, I just want my normal smoothie!
I told you, ridiculous. So despite the fact that I’m a total cliché for sharing an avocado green smoothie in January, I promise that this is something we make on a regular basis.
One of those recipes that I make day in and day out for myself and the husband … and yet somehow never thought to post on this site before now. I don’t understand the way my brain works sometimes.
Now, I will admit that I kinda sorta hate the word detox. Maybeeee I should have just called this a plain green smoothie. I don’t know.
But. My point is that I believe that small decisions daily help create a healthier lifestyle! Like kicking your morning off with a fruit and veggie packed smoothie.
To sort of re-set things, start your day right and put you in the mindset to make better decisions all day long! No crazy detox diets please! Okay thanks.
Anyway. Let’s discuss this pretty green number!
Ingredients In This Avocado Green Smoothie
We start with some frozen mango chunks – sort of nice and neutral yet tropical – which pair perfectly with the fresh ginger. Ginger has such wonderful healing properties – which is especially important during cold and flu season!
Now, we also have some cucumber, avocado and baby spinach. They all help to bump up the nutrition content and give your body a boost!
The cucumber brings a refreshing quality to the smoothie, the avocado makes it so thick and creamy and don’t worry about the spinach – you really don’t taste it!
We blend it all together with some unsweetened almond milk and a splash of vanilla.
And then you’re looking at one of our go-to breakfasts. And yes, I will most certainly be having this today (orrrrr maybe this strawberry oatmeal smoothie – still totally a favorite too)!
Tools I Love & Use To Make This Recipe (contains affiliate links):
- Breville Hemisphere Control Blender – I upgraded to this blender about two years ago (after using a $20 crazy loud one for the longest time). I absolutely love it and it’s a nice step in between a cheap-o blender and the super duper pricey ones.
Additional Healthy Smoothie Recipes You Might Enjoy!
- Blueberry Avocado Protein Smoothie
- Zucchini Bread Smoothie
- Orange Carrot Smoothie
- Vanilla Mango Spinach Smoothie
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- ¼ cup peeled and diced cucumber
- ¼ cup diced avocado
- ½ to 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- splash of vanilla extract
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 cup packed fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and process until smooth. Add additional milk if needed to get it going in the blender.
- Serve immediately (because of the avocado and chia seeds this smoothie thickens up fast - so if you do let it sit, stir it up with a spoon or knife before drinking to loosen!).
If you are new to using fresh ginger in smoothies, you can start with less and always add more to taste! We love it and sometimes add even more than what’s listed!
You can also certainly use any sweetener of choice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 71mg Carbohydrates: 30g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 19g Protein: 6g