Cold Busting Orange Carrot Smoothie
This cold busting orange carrot smoothie is nourishing, zippy and creamy! Packed with ginger, mango, orange and carrot, it can help keep your immune system healthy and makes for a delicious snack or breakfast. Dairy free, gluten free and vegan.
Let’s continue this week of cold fighting recipes, shall we?
With this cold busting orange carrot smoothie that’s nourishing, zippy and creamy!
Now, I typically make smoothies with various fruits and greens, but lately I’ve been switching things up with other veggies.
Because we all need some variety in our lives, yes??
And this bad boy? The carrot, orange and mango make it a great source of vitamin A, vitamin C, and beta-carotene (among others), which all help keep your immune system healthy.
AND you get the added little boost from some fresh ginger, which always seems to help whenever I’m feeling a little under the weather.
Plus, it’s pretty darn tasty as well. Bright, fresh and plenty sweet just from the fruit itself!
Tips & Tricks For This Orange Carrot Smoothie
- Do not skip the dash of ground cinnamon! Because oh is it fantastic with all the other flavors. It adds the perfect warming wonderfulness. <— Totally not a grammatically correct sentence but we’re going with it.
- As with all smoothies, feel free to play around with the ratio of ingredients. In this case, specifically the amount of almond milk and ice cubes. You can adjust to get it to the consistency of your choice.
Additional Smoothie Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie
- Watermelon Berry Smoothie
- Detox Green Smoothie
- Strawberry Oatmeal Chia Smoothie
- Vanilla Mango Spinach Smoothie
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
- 1 medium orange, peeled and segmented
- ¾ cup peeled and chopped carrot (about 2 medium carrots)
- ¾ cup frozen mango chunks
- ½ to 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger (to taste)
- good dash of ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- handful of ice cubes, as needed
- Add the orange, carrot, mango, ginger, cinnamon and milk to a blender and process until smooth. Add ice cubes as desired to thicken it up / make it more frosty. Serve immediately!
I don’t find I need any sweetener in this smoothie, but you could absolutely add some if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 83Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 48mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 4gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g