Dairy Free Mango Smoothie (No Banana)
Sweet, fruity and perfectly creamy, this dairy free mango smoothie will have you feeling like you’re on a tropical vacation! Filled with frozen mango, pineapple, spinach and luscious vanilla, it comes together in a snap and there’s no banana involved. Gluten free, grain free, soy free and vegan.
Ever feel like most creamy smoothie recipes include banana?
As someone who can’t stomach them raw, it’s something that kinda sorta drives me nuts.
Which is one of the reasons that I’m so excited to share this dreamy dairy free mango smoothie!
That’s perfectly sweet, fruity and creamy … without any banana involved.
But the best part?
It’s filled with awesome tropical flavor. Thanks to a combination of frozen mango plus pineapple with hints of warm vanilla.
All combining into a fantastic simple breakfast or snack that’s completely refreshing and will take you away to warm sunny days.
How To Make A Dairy Free Mango Smoothie
It doesn’t get much easier than this simple beverage!
Toss everything into a blender. First up, we’ll add almond milk, frozen fruit, maple syrup and spinach to the bowl of a blender.
Process until smooth. We’ll turn it on and let it whirl away until smooth and creamy, adding extra almond milk if needed to get everything going.
Finally, we’ll pour the mixture into a glass and enjoy immediately.
Tips & Tricks
- You can absolutely use any dairy free milk of choice instead of the almond milk.
- Along those lines, if you use a vanilla flavored dairy free milk, you can omit the vanilla extract if desired.
- You can also swap out the maple syrup for another sweetener of choice.
- I personally like to add spinach to smoothies since it’s an easy way to get in some extra greens and you don’t taste it at all. However, you can definitely leave it out. I would maybe add a touch less almond milk if you go this route since the spinach does add bulk.
- And finally, feel free to add a scoop of dairy free protein powder to the blender. I like to do this if I’m enjoying the smoothie for breakfast.
Now, while this smoothie is fantastic plain, you can also jazz it up with extra toppings. Here’s a few ideas to get you started:
- crunchy granola
- fresh fruit of any kind
- coconut flakes or shredded coconut
- chopped nuts
- drizzle of nut or seed butter
- sprinkle of chia seeds or hemp seeds
How To Store
Smoothies are 100% best enjoyed freshly made.
However, you can absolutely prep them ahead of time to make mornings a bit easier. See our post on smoothie freezer packs for all the details.
Additional Dairy Free Smoothies You Might Enjoy:
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie
- Orange Carrot Smoothie
- Zucchini Bread Smoothie
- Watermelon Berry Smoothie
- Blueberry Avocado Protein Smoothie
- Detox Green Smoothie with Avocado
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
Dairy Free Mango Smoothie (No Banana)
Sweet, fruity and perfectly creamy, this dairy free mango smoothie will have you feeling like you’re on a tropical vacation! Filled with frozen mango, pineapple, spinach and luscious vanilla, it comes together in a snap and there’s no banana involved.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- ½ cup frozen pineapple chunks
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed or chia seeds (optional)
- ½ to 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup, or to taste
- 1 large handful baby spinach leaves
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and process until smooth. Add additional milk to get the mixture going in the blender, if needed.
- Serve immediately!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 68mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 5gSugar: 28gProtein: 5g
Nutrition data shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.