Zucchini Bread Smoothie
This zucchini bread smoothie is like having cake for breakfast! Simple to make and crazy delicious, it’s filled with wholesome ingredients like zucchini, oats, walnuts and spinach. Dairy free, gluten free and vegan.
It’s cake in smoothie form! And it’s also a way to cram in plenty of veggies first thing in the morning.
Which is just one more reason why I think this zucchini bread smoothie is the best. The bee’s knees. The cat’s meow.
And I mean, can we talk about that color? Pale, pretty, oh-so-girly, sorta pastel-y green? I am so digging this smoothie just for that alone.
Now, today’s recipe is totally different than all my other go-to smoothies because there’s no fruit involved. Zip. Nada. Zero. But hear me out. Because it tastes like cake! <— I don’t think I’ve said that enough in this post, eh?
We blend together some creamy almond milk, oats, a few warm spices, baby spinach and frozen zucchini. It adds even more awesome creaminess to the smoothie and of course helps make it nice and cold.
I’m actually kinda kicking myself for not adding frozen zucchini to smoothies before. I have this bizarre food intolerance to raw bananas so I love that I’ve found something else that can up the creamy factor.
Cake for breakfast? We are so doing this.
Tips & Tricks For This Zucchini Smoothie
- The frozen zucchini really is key for the texture of this smoothie. So be sure to plan ahead and freeze. I tried this a few times with unfrozen zucchini and ice and it’s just kind of meh. So freeze, freeze, freeze!!
- If you don’t use vanilla flavored milk, I would add a splash of vanilla extract to the blender. It helps up the cake factor.
- While this smoothie is fantastic plain, it is especially delicious topped with a bit of granola or a quick sprinkle of ground cinnamon. So good.
- This may go without saying for any smoothie, but be sure to serve this right away. Sometimes when I make smoothies I keep them in the fridge to drink later in the day, but this one is best served super cold and freshly blended.
Additional Smoothie Recipes You Might Enjoy
- Blueberry Avocado Protein Smoothie (No Banana)
- Orange Carrot Smoothie
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie
- Detox Green Smoothie
- Vanilla Mango Spinach Smoothie
- Strawberry Oatmeal Chia Smoothie
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- ⅛ cup raw walnut halves
- ½ cup lightly packed baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup chopped frozen zucchini (about 1 medium)
- ½ to 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup, to taste
- ice, if needed
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and process until smooth. Add additional milk to thin the mixture out / get it going in the blender or ice to thicken it up.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 139mg Carbohydrates: 43g Fiber: 11g Sugar: 17g Protein: 13g